Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red hot phone numbers

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just re-read, carefully, this bit from today's Argus:

"McGhee revealed his phone was "red hot" has he chased transfer targets in the January window.

The Albion boss wants to bring in four players…

He said: "We are working very hard. The phone's been red hot trying to get one or two in and that will continue. We are waiting to hear from Villa on Wayne."

It sounds great. A red hot phone, 4 targets. But then it becomes "one or two" and finally ends up just talking about Henderson.

I just hope there really IS more going on that just chasing Henderson.

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
bhafc99 said:
Just re-read, carefully, this bit from today's Argus:

"McGhee revealed his phone was "red hot" has he chased transfer targets in the January window.

The Albion boss wants to bring in four players…

He said: "We are working very hard. The phone's been red hot trying to get one or two in and that will continue. We are waiting to hear from Villa on Wayne."

It sounds great. A red hot phone, 4 targets. But then it becomes "one or two" and finally ends up just talking about Henderson.

I just hope there really IS more going on that just chasing Henderson.

Unfortunatley its the same old story every time transfer deadline draws nearer!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Re: Re: Red hot phone numbers

The Keeper said:
Unfortunatley its the same old story every time transfer deadline draws nearer!

And its the same old story after the transfer window closes - too expensive, didn't want to play at withdean, wanted to fight for his place at his current club, snapped up by another club at the last minute, wages to high.....

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
bhafc99 said:

I just hope that one of them is a striker, even if leon is still here after january (which doesn't seem likely) then hes not going to get picked and the only other player that will score goals for us is CKR

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No no no no. You all mis-understood him.

The soppy cleaner put it on the radiator when she cleaned his desk last night, and by the time he got to work, the rads had been on for an hour and the phone was red hot..... Almost bloody melting my source tells me. May need replacing.

He was mis-quoted, thats all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here