Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Arrow plane crash

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
One crashed on Brighton seafront years ago

Remember it ,was only young and in the Royal Alex Children's Hospital after a crash of my own of my go kart-1981 i think

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Really? I never heard about that. But they've been going so long that it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Clipped a boat's mast & pilot had to eject if i remember(so must have been low)sheer luck it did not head inland,happened just of the Palace pier.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Was off my face on seafront when it happened in Brighton. Was surreal. Pilot ejected and plane flew over Pier and into sea on other side. Loads of people on Pier had lucky escape taking their snaps. Dont think half of them realised the pilot had left the plane.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i guess this might mean there not going to be at Shoreham as i thought they were attending.

be a shame as the Vulcan Bomber is grounded due to a fuel leak as well.glad i saw them last year.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Was off my face on seafront when it happened in Brighton. Was surreal. Pilot ejected and plane flew over Pier and into sea on other side. Loads of people on Pier had lucky escape taking their snaps. Dont think half of them realised the pilot had left the plane.
I was sat on the beach, by the Bedford Street stairs when it happened....saw the pilot's parachute and the plane crash. As you said it seemed to go right over the Palace Pier....so lucky.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Back in the 1970s they only had ten planes, with one usually undergoing maintenance on a rotating basis. Do they have eleven now?

I think they fly out with ten aircraft, each flown by one of the pilots, as well as a 'Road Manager' flying the tenth, which would be the back up plane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here