Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Record attendances for all clubs

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Funny really..

Palace say we've never had this much fans before, when we've had over 36,000 against Fulham :lolol:

Whilst them getting 51,000 as their record and now getting gates of 40,000 below that :lolol:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
The record attendances for clubs like Bolton and Blackburn are remarkable considering the total populations of those towns would have probably been about double the attendances. Half of a towns population inside the football ground. :lolol:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
The record attendances for clubs like Bolton and Blackburn are remarkable considering the total populations of those towns would have probably been about double the attendances. Half of a towns population inside the football ground. :lolol:

Population of Burnley is 73 k nowadays. If it was similar when they got that gate it is quite remarkable. Another thing that I noticed was how 60 of those games where for FA cup games.
Thats changed now.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Population of Burnley is 73 k nowadays. If it was similar when they got that gate it is quite remarkable. Another thing that I noticed was how 60 of those games where for FA cup games.
Thats changed now.

To be fair, football was the staple of the industrial north west, so heading down to Burnden Park was seen as a normal t'day out for folk.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Palace fans are fickle

ATTENDANCES.jpg

This graph is out of date now and I have lost the Excel file. I am sure a younger computer whizz-kid could update it?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hull City's record attendance is impressive seeing as they'd never been in the top division.
The biggest league attendance in Britain is the most impressive though.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
To be fair, football was the staple of the industrial north west, so heading down to Burnden Park was seen as a normal t'day out for folk.

I always thought messing around with whippets was the staple up north?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
When you look at the dates though there isnt that many MEGA attendancies past 1950s, Video killed the radio star-Did TV kill the football fan

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The fact that Southampton's biggest ever gate is right down there with all the other little clubs always makes me chuckle.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Football was easy to watch back in the day...even in the late 70s over easter and xmas you could get to 2 games in a day!! went to see spurs v arsenal in the morning then Palace v someone in the afternoon, cheap as chips and easy to see, no ticket only stuff in them days, just queue up and Squeeze in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here