Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommend a recent album release

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Recently downloaded Wilco's - Wilco(the album), if you are familiar with Jeff Tweedy, there is nothing new here but it's a very pleasant album and worth a listen if you like melodic music that's a bit different :thumbsup:

Also just downloaded Regina Spektor's Far on my daughter's recommendation and I have to say it's worth a listen too...good voice, nice piano and in a modern girl singer/songwriter mode ( occasionally slightly weird delivery in a style a little like Lily Allen).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not quite a new release but I haven't seen him get a lot of coverage in the UK - Jason Mraz "We sing, We dance, we steal things" is superb. Kind of Joe Jackson, meets Jack Johnson, meets Jack Penate. Really likeable.

Listened to Lucky on the radio in Florida for two weeks over Easter - worth a listen:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=49776296

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"My one and Only Thrill" by Melody Gardot. A lovely voice and a great bit of jazz.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Liberty of Norton Folgate - Madness.

The Nutty Boys strike gold again.

I fear your opinion may be slightly biased based on you avatar ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cat Stevens' (Yussuf's) new album is worth a listen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cat Stevens' (Yussuf's) new album is worth a listen.

Do you mean Another Cup because I've got that and like it, or is there a more recent one?

Not heard of any of the other suggestions, better have a listen on itunes

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Rather like the new placebo offering and the new dinosaur junior album as well

oh yeah and been listening to black sabbaths greatest hits too. Quality

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Not quite a new release but I haven't seen him get a lot of coverage in the UK - Jason Mraz "We sing, We dance, we steal things" is superb. Kind of Joe Jackson, meets Jack Johnson, meets Jack Penate.

Sounds hideous. His single is really bland. He played the Corn Exchange last year.

Mars Volta's album is out this week. I'm quite liking Bombay Bicycle club at the moment, and they're energetic live, but I twig a slight similarity to James Blunt in the singer's voice, which is a difficult observation to wipe from the subconscious. De La Soul's new album, Are You In, is much more upbeat than their other recent albums (it was commissioned by Nike as a jogging soundtrack, but don't let that put you off.) Q-Tip's album, The Renaissance, is excellent.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Spotted a daughter's recommendation above. Miss TRHK recommended City and Colour and their track "The Girl" - and I'm loving it. From "Bring Me Your Love" released about a year ago in the US but not sure it's had too much coverage here (or maybe loads - but I missed it).

[yt]SGTm4u1UWvg[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here