Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommend a reasonably priced restaurant for Friday?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Know it's chain, but I really like Las Iguanas. The food's good, it doesn't feel like a crappy chain in the least, and the prices are good for the food. I also like the tapas place on Western Road, but I forget the name. Little bit along from Norfolk Square.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Planet India is the most interesting place in town at the moment, imo. Veggie indian done brilliantly.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Casa Don Carlos...if you're lucky you may get the same seat as €40m Javi Martinez who was in this summer

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
La Choza is a reasonably priced cheerful and fun Mexican on Gloucester Rd which is getting rave reviews. Not been myself but the Frau has, as have many NSCers. She loves it.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Will you be dining in Eastbourne? If so try the Thai Mariner on the harbour. Delicious food & you will be fine with £50 as long as you don't have wine.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Courtyard Restaurant Brighton | Restaurant, New Road, Brighton

I am going here friday with my other half, if you register for vouchercloud you can either get a free bottle of wine, or 25% off your total bill.

Yeah, I'd be careful with that place. Went there for lunch with my girlfriend for lunch a couple of months back. Sat there for at least twenty minutes without even being acknowledged / given a menu and it was half empty at that point. They didn't even seem bothered when we walked out.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Will you be dining in Eastbourne? If so try the Thai Mariner on the harbour. Delicious food & you will be fine with £50 as long as you don't have wine.

Soory I mean to add will be in Brighton :) yeah been to the Thai Mariner - made a mistake of taking parents was a bit expensive :(

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
La Choza is a reasonably priced cheerful and fun Mexican on Gloucester Rd which is getting rave reviews. Not been myself but the Frau has, as have many NSCers. She loves it.

I've been meaning to try this one ever since they opened, but they always seem to be closed. Their website says last orders 9:30 but unless that is a new thing they rarely stay open that late. I would also like to add to the people recommending Solera and Bodega.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I went to Casa Don Carlos for the first time a few weeks ago. It was GLORIOUS.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Pho on Black Lion Street - Vietnamese street food - the chicken bun noodles are to die for. Reasonably priced, great ambience and mouthwatering starters, mains and deserts.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Hi Chaps and chapesses
So can you suggest a reasonably priced restaurant don't really mind the type of the food not Burger King, maccy d's anything like that ;) don't really wanna spend more than about £50 for 2 people (no wine) ....ideas please :smile:

casa don carlos in the lanes - very good tapas you need to book.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've been meaning to try this one ever since they opened, but they always seem to be closed. Their website says last orders 9:30 but unless that is a new thing they rarely stay open that late. I would also like to add to the people recommending Solera and Bodega.

Only open until 9:30 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I would think sometimes they shut early because they have run out of food though, given there is almost always a queue out the door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here