180px-Nice_biscuit.jpg

:clap2:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Don't know about pie, but this is a bloody good pizza:

1. Add 3/4 pint of milk to a breadmaker bowl

2. Weigh 8oz of strong bread flour and add to the breadmaker bowl

3. Add one sachet of instant yeast (ear scratchings are NOT a recommended alternative)

4. This sounds weird, but it's perfectly sane..add 2 generous tablespoons of porridge oats to the breadmaker bowl. I KNOW the Quaker dude looks like he might be about to knife you, but get over it!

5. Mix together for about 10 mins, adding a little extra flour or milk as necessary to make it all blend into a nice dough.

6. Cook (don't burn to a crisp) 6 rashers of back bacon. Drain the fat off.

7. Cut up 200g of mozzarella into strips about the size of french fries (that's chips to my non-American friends)

8. Roll the dough out onto a lightly greased 9"-12" baking tray (preferably round)

9. Spread passata onto the dough (the plain passata, not the crap with onions added - bleurgh!)

10.Add the mozzarella to the top (you may need to add some grated mozzarella to make up the space)

11.Cut up the bacon and spread over the top

12.Get some Bernard Mathews chargrilled chicked (or flame-grilled turkey) OR similar, and add that to the top too

13.Sprinkle some 'taste-makers' over the top: Oregano, Rosemary & Onion Salt (or Garlic Salt - not both for cholesterol reasons!)

14.Squirt a round of BBQ sauce over the top (not too much!)

15.Cook for about 13 mins (might need more) in a hot oven (Gas Mark 9 [250])

16.Slice and serve & knock yourself out!

Disclaimer: Sorry about the meat if you are vegetarian, but let's be fair, if you ARE veggie, then you're not to be trusted anyway...alledgedly!

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Perry Milkins said:

One layer of crushed choc chip cookies soaked in brandy, next layer whipped cream, next layer more crushed cookies soaked in coffee, topped with more whipped cream and grated Cadburys flake on top. Leave in fridge for a few hours then serve, whilst naked. Worked for me !!. ps Hold a bottle of Red between the top of your legs, cork side up !!. Never fails !!

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
3.14159265358979323846 etc etc

:blush: oh not THAT sort of nice pie?

Or maybe it is just nice AS pie :wave:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Take three mice........

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Jam The Man said:
Don't know about pie, but this is a bloody good pizza:

1. Add 3/4 pint of milk to a breadmaker bowl

2. Weigh 8oz of strong bread flour and add to the breadmaker bowl

3. Add one sachet of instant yeast (ear scratchings are NOT a recommended alternative)

4. This sounds weird, but it's perfectly sane..add 2 generous tablespoons of porridge oats to the breadmaker bowl. I KNOW the Quaker dude looks like he might be about to knife you, but get over it!

5. Mix together for about 10 mins, adding a little extra flour or milk as necessary to make it all blend into a nice dough.

6. Cook (don't burn to a crisp) 6 rashers of back bacon. Drain the fat off.

7. Cut up 200g of mozzarella into strips about the size of french fries (that's chips to my non-American friends)

8. Roll the dough out onto a lightly greased 9"-12" baking tray (preferably round)

9. Spread passata onto the dough (the plain passata, not the crap with onions added - bleurgh!)

10.Add the mozzarella to the top (you may need to add some grated mozzarella to make up the space)

11.Cut up the bacon and spread over the top

12.Get some Bernard Mathews chargrilled chicked (or flame-grilled turkey) OR similar, and add that to the top too

13.Sprinkle some 'taste-makers' over the top: Oregano, Rosemary & Onion Salt (or Garlic Salt - not both for cholesterol reasons!)

14.Squirt a round of BBQ sauce over the top (not too much!)

15.Cook for about 13 mins (might need more) in a hot oven (Gas Mark 9 [250])

16.Slice and serve & knock yourself out!

Disclaimer: Sorry about the meat if you are vegetarian, but let's be fair, if you ARE veggie, then you're not to be trusted anyway...alledgedly!

You're right.

You don't know about pie.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Claphams Chicken, Ham and Asparagus Pie

Roast a whole chicken and let cool.

But the breasts into large chunks and the thigh and leg meat into very small pieces - dice it up small.

( The point of that is that the thigh and leg meat will almost melt into the sauce and produce a fantastic flavour )

Make a bechamel sauce.

( If you want to cut out the butter (and make it easier) buy "sauce flour" from Sainsburys.

It's a very fine pure flour (not corn flour) ground down using a special process.

You can put into cold milk - whisk while heating and it produces a fantastic lump free white sauce. The purists will say that isn't a proper bechamel sauce and will taste of flour - but it doesn't, and since other ingrediants [importantly the finely chopped dark meat of the chicken] will be added you won't tell the difference.

I've tried it with normal plain flour and it doesn't work. I read an article about it by Delia Smith and for sauces its the business !

)

While the sauce is cooking add a few pinches of nutmeg and a bay leaf (which you can remove)

Finely chop some asparagus into small discs and VERY finely chop a carrot.

Add these to the sauce and cook out a little to take away their bite.

Buy some "ham ends" from your local supermarket

( the ends of the various ham joints they sell off cheap. Since they usually are the outside bits of the cooked ham and quite dry they work very well when cooked again in the sauce.)

Chop the ham ends and add that and the chopped chicken to the sauce.

Season to taste with salt and pepper and add some finely chopped ENGLISH parsley.

Let cool - put into one or individual pie dishes, cover with pre-rolled puff pastry.

Glaze the pastry with a mix of a beaten egg yolk and the same quantity of milk.

Cook at a pre-heated temperature of possibly 180/190c for about 10 minutes to get the pastry rising then reduce the temperature to about 160 and cook for a further 15/20 minutes until the pastry is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling through the pastry.

That is a pie - and my personal favourite.

I usually make small ones and freeze them (uncooked).

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't be arsed with the whole RECIPE, but my missus makes a mean steak and ale pie. Just buy a tin of braising steak, slice some mushrooms in, put about 3 or 4 oz of blue cheese in, tip a bit of Newcastle brown in, stir it round and cook it all up, then do some pastry and shit (however you make that), then serve with some new potatos and broad beans.

Snorted.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I got one of those brilliant slow cookers.

I sometimes get up before work, seal some braising or stewing steak and throw it the slow cooker with finely chopped onions, a beef stock cube and squirt of tomato puree and can of guiness or prefably a bottle of spitfire.

All I need to do when I get home is thicken the sauce up with usually some sauce flour and cover with pastry and cook.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
clapham_gull said:
I got one of those brilliant slow cookers.

I sometimes get up before work, seal some braising or stewing steak and throw it the slow cooker with finely chopped onions, a beef stock cube and squirt of tomato puree and can of guiness or prefably a bottle of spitfire.

All I need to do when I get home is thicken the sauce up with usually some sauce flour and cover with pastry and cook.

"Slow cooker".

You old granny :lol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rangdo said:
"Slow cooker".

You old granny :lol:

:D :D

the best things come to those who wait

:thumbsup:

I sometime chop up a leg of pork (removing all the fat) - seal it quick in a frying pad and throw it in the slow cooker with some peeled new potatoes, saffron, tomato puree, a chicken stock cube, loads of chopped parsley, a couple of glasses of white wine, a glass of SHERRY and top it up with water.

I'd rather have that waiting for me when I get home than a microwave meal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here