Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recent form a major disappointment

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Am i the only one who thinks bar the last five gameds which were a bit of a let down in terms of our playoff charge petering out it's been f***ing exciting? Even being up and in it until about 4 games to go was something amazing.

I love it, i love everything about the club right now.

I cannot disagree at all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're only majorly disappointed if you had unrealistic expectations to begin with. I predicted top 10 before the season started, we've had a lot of injuries and a tough run in. We've ended up 14 places higher in the League structure than last year and still improving.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Whine moan whine moan whine !!!! SHUT UP !!
Best position we have finished for 20 years AND above Palarse and Pompey ! 5th rd of FA Cup, beaten two premiership sides this season who is 4th or 5th at the moment
One of the best footballers to grace a pitch outside the Premiership has been playing for us, we have the best young manager outside the Premiership, a beautiful new stadium with even more seats going in !!!
And all you think about is our last few games have been shit !!! What a joke !!!
Im sick and tired of whinging whiney f***ing moaners on here, say something positive or keep quiet.

Not sure if i've ever written this, but this.

Im amazed that some people have to have a little dig at Vicente because hes too good....think i've heard it all now. Probably the same people that shout, hoof it forward when we are passing it around.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Are you just an arsehole? I'd be interested to know like.
Why would you post something like that? Adds nothing to the topic of conversation or the thread. Therefore it is boring. Of course you have to resort to insults to try and appear as though you're superior. Fair play.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You're only majorly disappointed if you had unrealistic expectations to begin with. I predicted top 10 before the season started, we've had a lot of injuries and a tough run in. We've ended up 14 places higher in the League structure than last year and still improving.

I predicted top ten but as said before, had my toys taken away when we were fourth just 4-5 weeks ago. I was at West Ham, we were, in all honesty, humiliated. Writing was on the wall. But as I said (again) great, great first season back in the second tier. We can only learn and grow from this. And for all the negatives about players that aren't good enough, let's look at the positives. Bridcutt is a Prem player, Greer, El Abd, Dunk, Caldo did his bit, mainly with the goals again, Barnesy... we have good players to.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why would you post something like that? Adds nothing to the topic of conversation or the thread. Therefore it is boring. Of course you have to resort to insults to try and appear as though you're superior. Fair play.

You are seriously boring, I apologise for not having your opinion... do you feel better now?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You are seriously boring, I apologise for not having your opinion... do you feel better now?

Whatever mate. You feel the need to resort to childish insults to try and get your point across just because I disagree with you.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Whatever mate. You feel the need to resort to childish insults to try and get your point across just because I disagree with you.

Point out one insult I made... I really give up on people like you that cannot take a differing opinion.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'm not unhappy with our recent form necessarily, I'm just disappointed at our away form this season in general, it's like supporting two different teams:

At home - a brilliant team ready for the Premier League in my opinion.
Away - a poorly organised team who struggles to score, and is liable to crumble (and crumble badly.)

Although, saying this, I still regard this season as a massive success. To finish in the top 10 is brilliant despite the fact we were in the playoffs only a few weeks ago.
If you're disappointed by this, then you might as well be disappointed by the fact we didn't win the league seeing as we were top afer 6 games.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Whine moan whine moan whine !!!! SHUT UP !!
Best position we have finished for 20 years AND above Palarse and Pompey ! 5th rd of FA Cup, beaten two premiership sides this season who is 4th or 5th at the moment
One of the best footballers to grace a pitch outside the Premiership has been playing for us, we have the best young manager outside the Premiership, a beautiful new stadium with even more seats going in !!!
And all you think about is our last few games have been shit !!! What a joke !!!
Im sick and tired of whinging whiney f***ing moaners on here, say something positive or keep quiet.

Well said,sums it up for me....if we had been in Palaces position with 4 games to go.... and we ended up 10th you'd all say what a wonderful
season we'd had...had half of you seen the crap dished up at Gillingham you'd realse just how far this club has progressed!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Forest, scrapping to stay in the division and every game was a big game / must win for them when we played them.
Watford, the divisions form team around the time we played them, taking 17 out of 21 points available.
Barsnley, a game where nothing was riding on it as we couldn't make the play-offs and they couldn't be relegated and both sides were just playing out their last fixture.

So hardly easy games if you look at the background to it rather than just league positions.

We were also chasing a play off, or should have been.

Barnsley: 1 point from 18 prior to today.
Birmingham: Came to us on a run of 3 draws.
Burnley: Won 1 of their previous 9 when we faced them
Middlesbrough: Failed to win in their previous five games, taking only 3 points.
Forest: 7 point from 15 prior to facing us.
Watford: 2 points from 9 before facing us.
West Ham: Won 2 of last 9 games before facing us, hadn't won at home in 7 or 8 games.

Taking form into consideration, Reading becomes the only game we should have expected to lose.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Middlesbrough: Failed to win in their previous five games, taking only 3 points.
West Ham: Won 2 of last 9 games before facing us, hadn't won at home in 7 or 8 games.

Taking form into consideration, Reading becomes the only game we should have expected to lose.

You're my favourite poster, I love stats.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was going to do a similar thread as 13points from 13 games at the end of the season is poor, very poor if we hadn't come out flying from the blocks where would we be now (Amex affect maybe).
The honeymoon period is over so let's hope the management team learn't a lot this season and make the right decisions next year because our last 2 months were relegation form.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Exactly! We just didn't step up to the plate. Simple as.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I was going to do a similar thread as 13points from 13 games at the end of the season is poor, very poor if we hadn't come out flying from the blocks where would we be now (Amex affect maybe).
The honeymoon period is over so let's hope the management team learn't a lot this season and make the right decisions next year because our last 2 months were relegation form.
I seriously think we'll struggle next year compared to this unless we get some quality players in. We have no momentum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here