Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recent form a major disappointment

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Completely agree with goldstone and Ninja Elephant but not upset that we did not go up, as has already pointed out a number of our players are hardly up to Championship standard and a huge amount would be needed to even survive in the top division,we can look forward to keeping a top half of table position next season, this is not a critism of the players, I pointed out before the season began that we should have a number of players with previous experience of the Premiership.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It always looked like a hell of a tough run-in, and thats exactly how its proved. We got ourselves into an excellent position, but our results against the top 6 sides proved that this season we cannot yet be considered one of them.

This will be addressed.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We very rarely perform against teams in the top 6. Even last season we struggled. Having said that, Gus's bizarre team selection didn't help. What was he thinking changing it after we played so well vs Reading?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Most are delighted with where we finished and i am,it's the manner in which we flopped that has pissed people off,crap negative tactics and not playing to our forward players strenghs,to many defensive players playing in most games meaning our forward players have to much work to do.This two defensive mildfielder crap must be scrapped.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I love the NSC managers... I'm a little confused as to why they aren't managing a pro League team though? Plenty here.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I love the NSC managers... I'm a little confused as to why they aren't managing a pro League team though? Plenty here.

It's a football forum. Are we allowed to share our opinions or shall we all just bow down to lord Gus?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Our run in was by far the toughest of all the teams near us in the table, and we fell away because of it.

The other teams we were challenging for a play off spot had a far easier run in so its not that surprising that they took more points from their games than we managed and as the table was so close, we were always bound to drop down.

But this thread is more of the typical reaction from some on this site, win a game and we will win the league, lose one and we will be relegated and there is no middle ground, no calm, reasonable expectation, just extremes.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Because after they lost their first game, the clubs supporters would campaign to get them the sack as they would be relegated if they stay in charge (even if they had won the 1st 30) so none of them would last

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Absolutely, and I'm sharing my opinion.

I think even Gus himself would admit he messed up with his team selection a few times. He is still learning and I respect that. But to dismiss everyone's opinion because they aren't a professional football manager is a pretty ridiculous argument.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think even Gus himself would admit he messed up with his team selection a few times. He is still learning and I respect that. But to dismiss everyone's opinion because they aren't a professional football manager is a pretty ridiculous argument.

And that is your opinion that I have a right to disagree with, but it is only ridiculous in your opinion, because it isn't in mine.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most are delighted with where we finished and i am,it's the manner in which we flopped that has pissed people off,crap negative tactics and not playing to our forward players strenghs,to many defensive players playing in most games meaning our forward players have to much work to do.This two defensive mildfielder crap must be scrapped.

It was the false highs of Jan & Feb that got unrealistic fans, hopes up.

Even then, we very rarely ripped teams apart with wave after wave of attacks. (Often, Blackpool and Southampton did, for example).

Gus was not responsible for dips in form and injuries to our widemen, or strikers misfiring.
Vicente only came good at the end, and that doesnt make a team.
You could see Vicente with the vision, and the likes of CMS not reading it.

It will all come good in the next 1 to 3 transfer windows. Expect to see alot of those not-PL class on their way out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think "well, it was a bad run at the end because we had a tough run in" is a little... I don't know the right word. Birmingham, West Ham, Middlesborough, and Reading were tough games, and I don't think anyone would be disappointed with not getting results against them. But our run in has included a failure to beat forest (6th bottom), barnsley (4th bottom), burnley (10 places below us at the time), watford (who were 6 places below us at the time).

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Whine moan whine moan whine !!!! SHUT UP !!
Im sick and tired of whinging whiney f***ing moaners on here, say something positive or keep quiet.

Boy, would this board be a dull place if we weren't allowed a moan. Banned for being negative?

Gus was brilliant today ... Yes, yes, he's been wonderful all season ... No, he's been more than wonderful, he's god ... I disagree with the last poster, Gus is god and the holy spirit ... the players were awe inspiring today ... CMS was so unlucky when he missed that open goal from two feet out ... but he tries so hard ... Ryan Harley has so much energy he will no doubt be back in the team soon ... Harley is superb, just hasn't found the best line-up to truly show his talent ... blah, blah, blah.

Exciting stuff, huh???

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Completely agree with goldstone and Ninja Elephant but not upset that we did not go up, as has already pointed out a number of our players are hardly up to Championship standard and a huge amount would be needed to even survive in the top division,we can look forward to keeping a top half of table position next season, this is not a critism of the players, I pointed out before the season began that we should have a number of players with previous experience of the Premiership.

I'm also perfectly happy with Championship consolidation but why did we need players with Premier League experience if we achieved our goal without them? You mean like Leicester or Ipswich? Big wage players would be a drain on our finances to no good affect.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I think "well, it was a bad run at the end because we had a tough run in" is a little... I don't know the right word. Birmingham, West Ham, Middlesborough, and Reading were tough games, and I don't think anyone would be disappointed with not getting results against them. But our run in has included a failure to beat forest (6th bottom), barnsley (4th bottom), burnley (10 places below us at the time), watford (who were 6 places below us at the time).

Glad you highlighted that. It was not that tough a run-in. We were very poor for the last part of the season and to make things worse Gus persistently chopped and changed the line-up for no good reason and achieving absolutely zilch.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Forest, scrapping to stay in the division and every game was a big game / must win for them when we played them.
Watford, the divisions form team around the time we played them, taking 17 out of 21 points available.
Barsnley, a game where nothing was riding on it as we couldn't make the play-offs and they couldn't be relegated and both sides were just playing out their last fixture.

So hardly easy games if you look at the background to it rather than just league positions.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm more gutted that we finished below Hull and Leicester when they weren't even on our radar a month ago. But hey... as I have said before, still a good season.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Am i the only one who thinks bar the last five gameds which were a bit of a let down in terms of our playoff charge petering out it's been f***ing exciting? Even being up and in it until about 4 games to go was something amazing.

I love it, i love everything about the club right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here