Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why we will stay up.

larus

1. We had a poor start, 1 point from 4 games. Since then, we've picked up 35 from 25 games. 1.4 points per game. Keep that going until the end, we get 59.8 points.

2. We are gradually playing better and better. When Currie went, I thought we would lose our threat going forward, but with the change to the shape made with DC going, we look more secure at the back, and much, much sharper on the counter attack.

3. LK has found the net in his last 2 league games. I've thought that his overall sharpness in the last 6-8 weeks was much better, and the goals would start to come, well now (hopefully), we're seeing the benefits of this change in attitude.

4. MM - has got the plyers believing in themselves. Our last 2 home games, we went a goal down and won them both. Against Spurs, went a goal down, but fought back.

5. Paul Reid. Unsung hero. Was not overly impressed initially. I thought he was a steady player, but nothing special. However, the more I watch hime, the better he seems to get. Played a blinder at Spurs, and from what I've heard, today as well.

6. Chippy. Got some form at long last. I was calling for him to be dropped, and Hammond to play instead. Well, he's got through his bad patch, and is looking a real asset again.

7. Oatway. Better captain than DC. Leads by example (in terms of commitment), not by fear. The team seem a better unit.

I just can't see us messing it up now.:drink:

Last edited:

Fine analysis. The good form since Currie left is particularly intriguing. Perhaps earlier in the season we were over-reliant on him and not enough players were pushing themselves forward and taking the responsibility to get the ball and use it in midfield. Now with the five-man midfield, we have a host of players willing to "playmake" and commit forward while keeping possession. Both Reid and Kerry have been excellent in support of the centre midfielders.

Most credit, as ever, has to go to McGhee for devising this 3-5-2 system that has minimised Currie's loss.

Danny, Albion legend, but we all now he had his strengths and his weaknesses. He gave us heart and steel at the back, but now we are comfortable shifting play across the back 3 who are all technically good players. I'm not sure that comfort with the ball would quite be there if Danny was back there.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The five across midfield has allowed the two backs to act as wingbacks.

Mayo and Reid are getting some great crosses in. Reid was a midfield player who has converted to a right back with ease.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
because i said so and thats final

turns off computer and goes to bed

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Formation 3-5-2.
3*5*2 = 30
30 + 5 +3 -2 = 36
Weird or what :eek:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We've also already played the current top 7 away.

Mind, our away form is as good as our home (18 pts each)
A win V Forrest on Sat should lead us to mid-table mediocrity

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
We will have more points then at least 3 other teams

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Fine analysis. The good form since Currie left is particularly intriguing. Perhaps earlier in the season we were over-reliant on him and not enough players were pushing themselves forward and taking the responsibility to get the ball and use it in midfield. Now with the five-man midfield, we have a host of players willing to "playmake" and commit forward while keeping possession. Both Reid and Kerry have been excellent in support of the centre midfielders.

Most credit, as ever, has to go to McGhee for devising this 3-5-2 system that has minimised Currie's loss.

Danny, Albion legend, but we all now he had his strengths and his weaknesses. He gave us heart and steel at the back, but now we are comfortable shifting play across the back 3 who are all technically good players. I'm not sure that comfort with the ball would quite be there if Danny was back there.

We always looked better with this formation under Mr VD

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i think a win against forest is very important. lose and they will have a chance to catch us. win and they are looking doomed. imo this is a massive game against the fight for survival.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The three centre-backs are looking virtually unbeatable with Virgs restored to his proper position. We can choose from 5 excellent central players, and Leon is reaping the rewards of several months' worth of quality displays. Also agree with the captain thing.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
just to annoy Palace!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
We always looked better with this formation under Mr VD

Yeah he turned us around and almost kept us up with it.

McGhee has tried it before but it didn't seem to work. Or was that 4-5-1? Not sure.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Because we are good enough.

And will have more points than at least 3 other teams.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the key could be our home form. I fully expect us to peform better at home against the top teams because it suits our style of play more.

When we play crap teams at home the emphasis is on us to attack and that is when we have been exposed and beaten, like Crewe at home.

When we have played away at good teams we have our backs to the wall, work hard and hit teams on the break, like West Ham away and Sheffield Utd. THAT is when we are at our best.

I expect us to finish lower mid table.

Also, Leeds and Forest could go into administation and lose ten points each.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here