Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why Albion Fans will have no problem getting a Liverpool Ticket

Aug 4, 2011
If not then those who dont have tickets , should all go to a pub and watch it!! If i wasnt going then that would deffo be my choice. Be great to see Albion on TV and agaisnt Liverpool! Imagine it .. :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
There is no general sale for this game. no points no ticket and if you haven't a ticket in two years before the amex then no ticket.

so in the massively unlikely scenario that these tickets do not sell out to people with 60 points or a purchase history, do you think the club would just leave the empty seats unsold?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
And this makes a mockery of the whole system. my mate can't get a Liverpool ticket as he hasn't brought a ticket in the last two seasons even thou he's brought loads for away games before.

does the club expect fans to be telepathic for f*** sake.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
And this makes a mockery of the whole system. my mate can't get a Liverpool ticket as he hasn't brought a ticket in the last two seasons even thou he's brought loads for away games before.

does the club expect fans to be telepathic for f*** sake.

The club should give priority to the most recently loyal fans. Why should a fan who hasn't been for 2 seasons have priority over fans that are supporting the team now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes but not a general sale as free for all.

It's the closest you're going to get to a general sale for a big game. The club don't want established (albeit infrequent) fans to miss out because someone only wants to register to watch Liverpool.

Those that have bought a ticket though the club have contributed to the club. Those that only go to away games and pay on the gate have contributed nothing financially) to the club, and have no history on their club account. Starting last season, the club urged fans to buy away tickets through them, to establish history and for loyalty points (this season).

I think it's virtually impossible to create a ticketing system that recognises contribution (both financial and through vocal support) to the club, so whatever they do, some people are going to feel hard done by.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
It's the closest you're going to get to a general sale for a big game. The club don't want established (albeit infrequent) fans to miss out because someone only wants to register to watch Liverpool.

Those that have bought a ticket though the club have contributed to the club. Those that only go to away games and pay on the gate have contributed nothing financially) to the club, and have no history on their club account. Starting last season, the club urged fans to buy away tickets through them, to establish history and for loyalty points (this season).

I think it's virtually impossible to create a ticketing system that recognises contribution (both financial and through vocal support) to the club, so whatever they do, some people are going to feel hard done by.

So it looks like there'll be hundred of empty seats. great.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
So it looks like there'll be hundred of empty seats. great.

No there won't. Considering there are only 'hundreds' left at the time of writing (and that's before it goes on sale to 60+ points and general sale), every single seat will sell. Guaranteed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The estimated 5 to 10% no-show s/t holders for Donny/B'pool/Posh, will all suddenly show their faces for LFC (or give/sell to a mate).
I expect very few of those to make their way to sale.

Pleased that the club looking after current s/t holders first, as last winter, with no guarantee of future success (most of us here would've settled for mid-table consolidation 2011/12), or hope of a tie against LFC .... 18,000 of us put our hands in our pockets and committed. This helped TB & Gus budget, and gave us Hoskins, Buckley, CMS etc.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
No points no ticket unless they have a history of two years.

i have friends who want to come who followed the cup run last season of woking FCUM etc, yet they only have this season loyalty points and seem to have to wait to general sale as they have only managed sunderland this year? How does this work?

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
this from liverpool forum
#1 28-8-11, 14:59
Kinross

Brighton Game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody got a date for this game ??

Kinross

ToTaLxTc

Are you offering?

SmegsOnTheBeach

I think i'd just go on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySmegson
I think i'd just go on my own.

You're such a heartbreaker.

StoneColdAustin

megan fox asked so i said i would think about it

Kinross
OK- I'll try again - does anybody know the date for Brighton v Liverpool match in the next round of the Carling Cup- matches to be played w/c 19th September

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i have friends who want to come who followed the cup run last season of woking FCUM etc, yet they only have this season loyalty points and seem to have to wait to general sale as they have only managed sunderland this year? How does this work?

Wednesday 9am if they have purchase history

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
So can current STH buy additional tickets on Wednesday ? Or is it limited to one ticket per person ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The points system was set up at the start of this season, that's how it works.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
afraid so. stupid if you ask me.

The club aren't going to leave seats free. If it came to us having tickets left over for new registering fans they'd take their money. It's an irrelevant conversation anyway as there is absolutely zero chance of us not selling out to people with a purchase history.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So can current STH buy additional tickets on Wednesday ? Or is it limited to one ticket per person ?

It's limited to one ticket per person. Every ticket holder must be named on their ticket and recorded in the club's database, officially. I'm sure there are people who have a bunch of names on the database so they can buy spares for friends etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here