Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why Albion Fans will have no problem getting a Liverpool Ticket

Should add, as long as they are registered on the database and don't decide the day before the match that you want to go.

A) There will be approx 1500 general sale tickets, in addition to those not taken by STH's.

B) For some reason, there is some paniky remarks on this board that is is going to be near on impossible for non STH's with less than 60 Loyalty points to get tickets. It won't be, it will be easy.

Up until now we have had a no show rate among our STH's of between 5% (Donny, you remember, the can't miss game we have waited 15 years for) and 10%

Now for Liverpool, not only do our STH's need to remember to turn up, they have to actually buy their ST seat before next Monday. Considering this is extra expense, they need to be organised, it's on TV, it's a school night (oodles of availability in family stand) I am going to have a stab that come next Monday, 20% of our current STH,s will not have bought. That's 3,000 tickets in addition to the 1500 for general sale.

OK, maybe 1000 of these could be snapped up by 60 pointers (more likely 500 judging by how many 60 pointers bought for Palace and Leeds) but that would still leave over 2000 for those with zero points.

If this is the case, 2000 general sale tickets is actually more that has been available for any league game in the last 12 years!

Don't get me wrong, this game I am sure will be a sellout, but it won't be a sellout next Wednesday when they are available to zero pointers, it fact, I would be very confident there will still be a good selection come Friday when some will have to wait until to get paid.

Just a side note: This game will likely be our highest crowd of the season.

Here is why:-

A) Away Sell out (prob not going to happen more than 6 or 7 times)
B) Not dividing the East Stand (that would have lost a couple of hundred seats)
C) Not dividing South stand (same reason as above)
D) Minimal no shows, as unlike league games, people who have tickets will have bought them in the last week or two, not as much as 15 months ago!

Don't Panic!!!!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Very logical argument but 1 in 5 STH's not showing up for what has been our biggest home game for years would surprise me. Also non showing STH's will be getting lots of approaches from mates (as I've had, but I'm going) so even if it 1 in 5 werent going a whole load will be bought.

But I hope you're right ... all helps to grow the base in readiness for increase in capacity

I'm not suggesting that 1 in 5 won't turn up (although I can't see more than 90% attendance from existing STH's). What I am suggesting is that come next Wendesday, only 80% of STH's will have bought their seat. Many, I am sure (like I did for Gills) will buy it after this deadline, or another seat in the ground if it's gone.

Basically, I want to try and disperse the myth on here that is is impossible to get tickets for Albion games.

So far, Donny and Palace included, as long as you have been organised, non STH's, even those who have not been to a game this year (obv no one had for Donny) will not have a problem.

The bonus for Liverpool is the more organised you are, the more choice of stands you will have (expect the North and WSU to sell out 1st)

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
But how many of those mates approaching you would you hand your ST smartcard over to, especially with a home league match 2 days later? I think the smart cards themselves are a reason why there have been more ST no-shows at league games.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
But how many of those mates approaching you would you hand your ST smartcard over to, especially with a home league match 2 days later? I think the smart cards themselves are a reason why there have been more ST no-shows at league games.

Do we know for sure that there is a bigger proportion of ST no-shows at Falmer than there used to be at Withdean?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Very logical argument but 1 in 5 STH's not showing up for what has been our biggest home game for years would surprise me. Also non showing STH's will be getting lots of approaches from mates (as I've had, but I'm going) so even if it 1 in 5 werent going a whole load will be bought.

But I hope you're right ... all helps to grow the base in readiness for increase in capacity

Not in my book. I'm not dissing it, but it's a third round league cup tie. If you don't go and we win, you'll have missed a great night but there'll be another tie along soon.

I'm not arguing that it's not important, just don't agree that it's the biggest for years. The victory over Man City was a great night, but it's nowhere near the game at Withdean I'm most pleased to have seen.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agreee with Was not Was. In fact, it's not even the most important match that week, let alone years.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
thankfully i bought tickets for palace and leeds, now i have a shiny looking 60 points on my account. this will complete my pre-university falmer binge, after that its away games only and games in august and september next season.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
But if tickets aren't sold to season ticket holders or people with points or purchase history of two season then they don't go on general sale so could have thousands of empty seats.

But if tickets aren't sold to season ticket holders or people with points or purchase history of two season then they don't go on general sale so could have thousands of empty seats.

I think you will find the pot of fans who qualify will be plenty enough to fill the ground very easily!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
As a ST holder who has bought his seat for the Liverpool game, can I purchase another ticket tonight for a relative, or do I have to wait for the 0 loyalty points sale?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As OP, easy for regulars to get tickets.
Indeed, I don't understand this. Why don't they allow 'new' fans to buy tickets?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i assume there will be enough people with a purchase history to take up the remaining seats, but if there were any left, i would assume that the club would just release them on general sale.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
As OP, easy for regulars to get tickets.Indeed, I don't understand this. Why don't they allow 'new' fans to buy tickets?

just got my dads but he can't go. i asked the same question today at the ground. apparently you can for hull and other supposed low key games as the demand from those away fans won't try and buy tickets in our end but as its Liverpool then the club are worried that without this policy the we could have hundreds if not thousands of red fans stealing our wallets.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
i assume there will be enough people with a purchase history to take up the remaining seats, but if there were any left, i would assume that the club would just release them on general sale.

There is no general sale for this game. no points no ticket and if you haven't a ticket in two years before the amex then no ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here