Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons We Can Beat Swindon...facts. Read This King:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
With King mouthing off about how Swindon "outplayed" us this season, I'd like to point out some facts.

In the first game at Withdean (2-2)

1. James Milner was in their side and was M.O.M.
2. The Coppell speculation was at fever-pitch and was unsettling the players.
3. Darius Henderson played up front!
4. Despite Swindon dominating the game, they failed to win it.

In the second game at Swindon (1-2):

1. Leon Knight was left out of the starting line-up but came on as sub.
2. John Piercy played up front alongside Chris McPhee (who was substituted) - possibly the most impotent starting choice of strikers this season.
3. Ross Flitney was in goal due to injuries.
4. Zesh Rehman came on as sub.
5. Paul Watson played rightback.
6. Mark Yates was still with us.

In fact after that game, Andy Naylor's match report carried this comment:

Swindon manager Andy King watched a different game to me. He said "I think we totally outplayed a very good side," he claimed with scant justification. "We should have won 5-1 in the end on chances."

Since then:

We now have big Chris Iwelumo giving us much needed physical presence up front.
Kerry Mayo has been dropped in favour of Dan Harding.
Adam Virgo has come into the side.
Paul Reid looks a quality signing.

All in all, if King thinks the Brighton they will meet in the play-off's is the one he thought they were superior to during the season, he's in for a rude awakening.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah but your missing the VITAL statistic, I should be going ( as long as ticket arrives) to the Away leg and I've NEVER seen BHA win away from home, only drawn twice and lost the rest so as far as I'm concerned we go into the home leg with an immediate disadvantage :nono:

CrabtreeBHA said:
yeah but your missing the VITAL statistic, I should be going ( as long as ticket arrives) to the Away leg and I've NEVER seen BHA win away from home, only drawn twice and lost the rest so as far as I'm concerned we go into the home leg with an immediate disadvantage :nono:
That's great - no sequence goes on for ever, it will change. That's a good omen for the game. What, blind optimism? Me? Never :cool:
I'm more worried about our 5 clean sheets? Can we make it 8? I'd be surprised, but then the Albion have been surprising me (good and bad) since God was a boy.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
CrabtreeBHA said:

I've only ever seen you at about three games.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
fatboy said:
I've only ever seen you at about three games.

about 6 or 7 this season taking the tally to about 10 in my life :) still alot of games without a win though aint it!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
CrabtreeBHA said:

Lets all hope you dont get a ticke then (no offence!)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I have woken up today and read the facts again.; I feel confident we will get through these games and embarass King in the process as well as make Parkin look the average striker that he is.

LEON KNIGHT IS KING!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
CrabtreeBHA said:

Don't worry, I'll counteract that. I've only been to 3 away games this season and we've lost all 3. Brentford, Luton & Sheff Wendy. Good news is I'm not going to Swindon.

Even better news is, Mrs Pasty is coming to the home leg (see signature).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here