Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real football tonight...Golden Gordon!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
If you can't stand watching overpaid foreigners diving around then tune in to the classic " Ripping Yarns" on BBC 4 tonight at 9.00.

This has to be just about the funniest, yet saddest, football play ever. It's especially poignant in that it's about a run down club who are hopeless and the owners decide to sell the ground.

But the worst teams have the best fans and Gordon is on a mission to recreate the glory days.

So many things rang true, for me, in this. This will also show another side of michael palin to those who don't remember his Python days and see him just as somebody who travels.

This is 30 mins of sheer joy. If you miss it by watching pretty boys diving around then make sure you tape it or use the new technology to watch it later.

"Eight bloody one!..."

:ascarf: :laugh: :laugh:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I have to agree - this is a brilliant, brilliant bit of tv.

A must watch:)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Get it away Barnstoneworth!" Classic.

The whole Ripping Yarns series is criminally under-rated. Are they showing them all? I'd love to see 'Tompkinson's Schooldays' again: "I had a stroke of luck - I was accidentally shot in the stomach during French Translation."

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Get it away Barnstoneworth!" Classic.

The whole Ripping Yarns series is criminally under-rated. Are they showing them all? I'd love to see 'Tompkinson's Schooldays' again: "I had a stroke of luck - I was accidentally shot in the stomach during French Translation."
but no-one could escape from the school leopard... my favourite ever half hour of TV...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This episode is brilliant. What is even better is that is shot on film so it still has a certain quality about it.

Hagarty R, Hagarty F...

Yorkshire Premier League 1913

Fancy calling your son Barnstoneworth its a form of madness.

We had coaches from Leeds that day. Coaches from Leeds.

It was actually filmed in Derby tho.

You can pick up the whole 2 series on DVD for about £20 from Play.com. BUT I have seen it in HMV Virgin sales when they do their 3 for £20 offers or whatever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here