Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading, Villa, Fulham target Bridcutt

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Imagine the scenario - Bridcutt sold, Vicente not coming back............

Oh hang on - weve got dicker and Harley.

Yippee....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we're offered £3m+ for him, and he wants to play in the Premiership then I think we have to let him go.

The problem with keeping hold of players like Bridcutt when this sort of offer comes about is not so much that he will be hard to replace as much as the fact that the club needs to maintain a reputation of being fair to players and letting them progress when the time is right. In any case, I'd trust Gus to find a tidy replacement. His track record on finding midfielders is excellent. If he was as good at unearthing diamonds up front, we'd be promotion certainties...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I OBVIOUSLY don't want him to go, but it pleases me GREATLY to see him linked with 3 clubs at once rather than just one prem team.

One thing springs to mind.

BIDDING WAR!!! Price boost etc etc

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we're offered £3m+ for him, and he wants to play in the Premiership then I think we have to let him go.

The problem with keeping hold of players like Bridcutt when this sort of offer comes about is not so much that he will be hard to replace as much as the fact that the club needs to maintain a reputation of being fair to players and letting them progress when the time is right. In any case, I'd trust Gus to find a tidy replacement. His track record on finding midfielders is excellent. If he was as good at unearthing diamonds up front, we'd be promotion certainties...

Exactly right if we stopped him moving other young players would be reluctant to join us. As I said I would be happy with cash + Simon Church as we need a striker to complement CMS and Gus would find another midfielder.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Love Liam Bridcutt, but there is no way in the world he is worth 4 million:facepalm:
Hope he dosnt go, but I would imagine Gus would snatch someones hand off for 2 million

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey how things have changed....£2m for a reasonably decent midfield stopper from the second division.

I would have thought somewhere in the region of £750k to £1m possibly.

I suppose this is why we may be limited to who we will sign if the transfer budget is notall that.

D

Deleted member 18477

Who are usually accurate with their rumours and probably the best of all of the papers for accuracy on football transfer rumours.

this. the sun are generally pretty accurate for a lot of things these days. they're annoying because it's always rumours at first but usually the rumours are followed up with facts of some sort soon after.

p.s. do not sell bridcutt to bloody villa. i cannot stand that prat paul lambert! sick to death of him taking our best players. he'll be in for buckley next year if we let him have bridcutt this summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
this. the sun are generally pretty accurate for a lot of things these days. they're annoying because it's always rumours at first but usually the rumours are followed up with facts of some sort soon after.

You are not allowed to say that because it isnt the Independent. Times or Telegraph and to down market

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
In fairness he cost us nothing.....if he goes similar to Bennett scenario last year as long as the money goes back into the kitty fair play..

Like we all understand we need to attract players by not standing in their way if their moment comes along for premiership footie..

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
£2m is not enough. Be disappointed if we sold him for that.

If he does go, we should sign Ferrie Bodde to replace him. It would be worth an appalling pun thread to get a player of his quality.

D

Deleted member 18477

You are not allowed to say that because it isnt the Independent. Times or Telegraph and to down market

i also apparently can't read properly and have very low intelligence. fine by me! :lol:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Am I correct in thinking that he will be going into the last year of his contract this coming season? If so, we would do well to receive £2m.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm surprised more clubs haven't been after him. Hope Gus persuades him his future lies right here with the Albion.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Love Liam Bridcutt, but there is no way in the world he is worth 4 million:facepalm:
Hope he dosnt go, but I would imagine Gus would snatch someones hand off for 2 million

So is CMS worth the £3M + we paid for him?
Bridders was fantastic last season and was one of the best players in the league, if you dont think hes worth £4M you must be mad.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agree don't stand in his way if he wants to go, but don't get mugged-off like we did over Crofts and Benno...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here