Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading, Villa, Fulham target Bridcutt

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Everything goes through Bridcutt, he'll be a tricky one to replace if he's sold. I think Poyet would be loath to let him go, but he's pretty fair to players in these circumstances. It'll need to be a huge offer to prize him away.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
£2M would be an absolute steal and I hope that the club are big enough to tell Reading to f*** off. Selling one of our best players and for such a pittance would be crazy in my view.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Would need to be for a lot of money for him to go as he is absolutely crucial to the way we play, and in my opinion is our best player. Really hope we keep him.

All this talk of his value, £2/£3/£4 million etc just reminds me of what a fantastic bit of recruitment it was by Gus in the first place picking him up on a free! He does'nt get much wrong on the signing of players.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bridcutt is class however for 2.5 miliion I would sell, only if we have Crofts and Trotter lined up though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bridcutt is class however for 2.5 miliion I would sell, only if we have Crofts and Trotter lined up though.
Neither of those are holding midfielders in the Bridcutt mould so buying them wouldn't make up for selling Bridcutt if we must sell him we need to bring in Bailey from Middlesbro or a similar type player.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
An odd move as I struggle to see how bridcutt would fit into any of those sides. He is so effective for us as he can sit back and stroke passes around with his back to goal. Reading play a very fast paced attacking 4-4-2 and I have never had Liam as being in the mould of a midfielder that suits that way of playing.

A very rare type of player and if he does go I hope his transfer fee represents that. Saying that Virgo aside we do not have a great track record for getting a fair sum for our prize assets

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I for one am very concerned about this. There must be some truth in this. But £2K?? He is worth more than that,surely?

It's bad enough with the uncertainty of Gus staying as manager. Now this. Not ideal preparations ahead of pre season. :-(

''there must be some truth in this'' ...since when was that a necessity in putting something in a newspaper..lol

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Neither of those are holding midfielders in the Bridcutt mould so buying them wouldn't make up for selling Bridcutt if we must sell him we need to bring in Bailey from Middlesbro or a similar type player.

Agreed, Im not saying they are, but if for Bridcutts money we could get these Crofts and Trotter I would do it.

Another holding midfielder would still be required.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Agreed, Im not saying they are, but if for Bridcutts money we could get these Crofts and Trotter I would do it.

Another holding midfielder would still be required.

Trotter is off to Saints so I have heard.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
good job he signed his contract extension. The Sun don't have a great track record for rumours. Villa would be a concern, but £4M minimum, please Lambert.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
An odd move as I struggle to see how bridcutt would fit into any of those sides. He is so effective for us as he can sit back and stroke passes around with his back to goal. Reading play a very fast paced attacking 4-4-2 and I have never had Liam as being in the mould of a midfielder that suits that way of playing.

Perhaps, now they're in the Prem they might be looking to either altering the way they play, or perhaps looking to add the ability to switch styles to suit the opposition or for away matches?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Imagine the scenario - Bridcutt sold, Vicente not coming back............

Doesnt bear thinking about does it!

Oh hang on - weve got dicker and Harley.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm in the minority. I do like Bridcutt. However, i would take anything £2m plus for him. In fact i think the love-in for him is a bit ott- yes a lot goes through him but he is also too easily knocked off the ball and out muscled.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I'm in the minority. I do like Bridcutt. However, i would take anything £2m plus for him. In fact i think the love-in for him is a bit ott- yes a lot goes through him but he is also too easily knocked off the ball and out muscled.

Disagreeing with the majority! :ban:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here