Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading, Villa, Fulham target Bridcutt

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Paper talk this morning:

Reading are favourites to land Brighton's Liam Bridcutt ahead of Aston Villa and Fulham.

Newly promoted Royals are preparing a £2 million bid for the midfielder, 23

================================================

Argus:

All Gus's No.1 targets are still available but he is in no rush to make signings.

"I'm talking about the No.1 targets in our situation, within our budget, in our league. They are still there.

But I'm not going to sign anyone just for the sake of making a signing."

D

Deleted User X18H

He HATES Reading FC - He told me himself!

True he does not have much affiliation to Reading despite being born and brought up around there.

Then again one good season in the Prem is one step away to a possible return to his beloved Chelsea.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Only if we bring in Bailey from Boro..

£2m isn't enough, we should be valuing out assets higher than that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bridcutt is our best player and my favourite player. He is worth £ 4 000 000 presently. If he goes I will be supremely f***ed off.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I for one am very concerned about this. There must be some truth in this. But £2K?? He is worth more than that,surely?

It's bad enough with the uncertainty of Gus staying as manager. Now this. Not ideal preparations ahead of pre season. :-(

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Only if we bring in Bailey from Boro..

£2m isn't enough, we should be valuing out assets higher than that.

One thing that Palace seem to do well is talk up the value of their players.

Liam is worth £7m :)

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Hopefully we are not selling anyone until after we have brought other players in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not going to get much of a look in with Vicente, Seedorf, and Gattuso, feeding Drogba.

Take the cash.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I for one am very concerned about this. There must be some truth in this. But £2K?? He is worth more than that,surely?

It's bad enough with the uncertainty of Gus staying as manager. Now this. Not ideal preparations ahead of pre season. :-(

I very much hope he is worth more than that, I am worth more than that and I dont have a right foot, a bloddy good left peg, but shite right.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
If someone's prepared to pay WAY over the odds- I'm talking £5m-7m- then it might be worth taking the money. Unless I've been misled, the club doesn't need £2m as much as it needs Liam Bridcutt.

I wouldn't blame him if he went, though. I'd be gutted, but I can understand his wanting to play in the Premiership, he's got a great future ahead of him. I just hope he doesn't go to Reading.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I am surprised it took all season before Bridcutt has really been linked with Prem clubs. He's worth more than £2m to us so I would be very disappointed if he went for that - £3m-£4m and it would test Poyet's/Bloom's resolve

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
depends if the player wants to go - I do not want him to leave and would like more than 2M for him, but the offfer does sound about right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here