Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading v Spurs - no atmosphere whatsoever

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Reading have never had an atmosphere. They rely on piped music over the loud speakers to try to get the fans to sing up, but even that doesn't work there.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Promotion isn't all its cracked up to be is it? You need to be very strong to compete in that league.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Reading should be a reminder of what a huge step up the EPL is. They were the best Championship team last season but haven't really strengthened. They've obviously got the Russian whose name I am not going to try and spell upfront, but other than that their few acquisitions are no more than decent Championship players. As such, they have been utterly EMBARRASSED by Spurs, even when it was 0-0 and 1-0.

They were consistent last year but not sure if they had the best players. Thought they were well organised us at the amex but we battered them, so unlucky.reading have been awful today, no commitment, no atmosphere.

If we went up I would have no qualms about us competing. Would fully expect gus to bring in 3/4 top half la liga players. A few more sensible additions and we would be fine. Norwich and Swansea have done it why can't we.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Reading deserve to have a go at the Prem. But they've not strengthened as they should've. belive me, they'll turn us over home and away like they usually do but i do wish them well....i like Brian Mcdermott and he does get his team to play the traditional way. But it'll be a struggle for them this year.

As for Southampton, i totally detest Adkins and hope they go straight down with nil points (said in French eurovision accent !!!)

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Reading deserve to have a go at the Prem. But they've not strengthened as they should've. belive me, they'll turn us over home and away like they usually do but i do wish them well....i like Brian Mcdermott and he does get his team to play the traditional way. But it'll be a struggle for them this year.

As for Southampton, i totally detest Adkins and hope they go straight down with nil points (said in French eurovision accent !!!)

I dunno about nil points but that last paragraph will certainly score you a few points in this neck of the woods old bean.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The hair's not much better either. imagesCAP6MB21.jpg
Can't believe how old Glen Hoddle is looking on Sky - shocking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here