Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading sniffing around Albion players again?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could it be that the plastic club are looking to us again to help strenghten their floundering team . Looks like bollocks but the following off Hob Nob amused me, but is there no smoke without fire?, see the last few lines:

RoyalBlue wrote -

Quote:
And for those who still think we should have been giving our everything for the team, I will remind you that it was a full 85 minutes before we got our first proper shot on target and even then it was a speculative long range effort. One thing Parjudas did get right is that the players can not expect supporters to continue to support and get nothing in return, it has to be a two way street and the players have to give something for the fans to get excited about - even if that is only 110% effort and a clear sign that they are up for the fight. They didn't do that tonight.

Agree 110%

People at the Mad Stad moan at me when I boo the team. Who do they think they are?

I pay £365 for a ST, £40 quid for a shirt, let alone the food & travel expenses...................I think I have the right to vent my anger.

We were shocking, this is the worse performance i've seen from my beloved team in many a year.

Coppell sounded as if he couldnt give a toss in his after-match comments. He said the same thing after Stoke and FA has changed.

These players should docked wages and b0llocked big style. There was no passion or pride for the club.

At the final whistle I saw Harper laughing and joking around. Most of these palayers dont give a f*ck about this club. The only way to get a responce out of them is to hit them in there pockets.

Madejski has to sort this.

Final note................My source tells me Leon Knight will be signing permenant & Zamora will be on loan in the next 10 days. Take as you will.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing would surpise me with Reading! :angry: :angry:

Rumour has it they want NSC as well as Hob Nob isn't up to scratch either!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
southstandandy said:
LK might go in Jan - but I don't think they will get BZ on loan.

I don't think there is any chance of Leon Knight leaving for Reading. There would be uproar at the club if DK allowed him to be sold since all it would do is underline a lack of ambition. I'd ignore these sort of scare stories. Anyway, does the January transfer window actually apply to Nationwide clubs? If it doesn't, why aren't Reading tabling a bid now? All bullshit or wishful thinking in my view.

???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
southstandandy said:
LK might go in Jan - but I don't think they will get BZ on loan.

Transfer window doesn't apply to Nationwide clubs

Purely wishful thinking by the contributor, IMHO. Or done to wind up the Brighton fans who are registered on the Hob Nob board.

Are they surprised Coppout didn't care after losing to his beloved P*l*ce?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Transfer window doesn't apply to Nationwide clubs

Purely wishful thinking by the contributor, IMHO. Or done to wind up the Brighton fans who are registered on the Hob Nob board.

Are they surprised Coppout didn't care after losing to his beloved P*l*ce?

Def not to wind up Albion fans. This is just a snippet of a thread with 50+ replies bemoaning their lucklustre performances and questioning the commitment of Coppout, the fans and everyone down to the tea lady.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's going to take more than Leon Knight to take Reading up, they were abysmal yesterday. How are both Divisions One and Two so crap this year?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Icy Gull said:
Def not to wind up Albion fans. This is just a snippet of a thread with 50+ replies bemoaning their lucklustre performances and questioning the commitment of Coppout, the fans and everyone down to the tea lady.

Good let them f***ing suffer for a change. The only difference between the two clubs is a decent stadium anyway.

levski seagull said:
if reading think they can bobby on loan i wouldn't mind taking the goat off their hands for a couple of months

You clearly haven't seen him 'play' lately then. If you want to pay the useless twat's wages for a month or two I am sure everyone at Reading would be absolutely delighted to hear from you.

A straight swap with Leon Knight would be even better...

Albion Rob

I don't know about dreaming of a white Christmas, but those lads from the Mad Stad are definately on something!

I remember for the past two years on an almost weekly basis someone on here or someone from another club knew it from a rock solid source that Bobby was off to Man Utd/Spurs/Everton/Palace/Orient/The Moon. In the end he went to Spurs, very queitly.

Let's just say, if Bobby Zamora or Leon Knight turn out for them this season I will be very surprised.

BTW Saturday was the first time I have smiled at a Palace win since they beat Stoke. A brilliant ploy to get their scummer fans hopes up while ultimately disappointing them and they put a dent in Reading's promotion 'charge' at the same time. Marvellous.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Bobby would have been in the Spurs squad on Saturday and indeed for the last 4 matches if he had not had a calf injury. He is seen as an important squad player and will not be going anywhere on loan, this is bollox.

As for Leon Knight, if they can stump up £1m+, I say let them have him. If not, pi** off!

Spurs have already turned down loan enquiries from Wigan and reading for Bobby this season.

They obviously don't see any benefit from him going to play in the Nationwide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here