Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading rock festival

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Any of you lot coming up next weekend,if so i hope it pisses down constantly:thumbsup:don't want any of those smelly gits near my pad:mad:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I was there in '78. The Jam, Sham 69, penetration, Tom Robinson, Patti Smith, Bethnal

reading-advert-78-400.jpg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
COOL!

Me too

Invasion of the skinheads during Sham69's set

Superb line-up

and throwing stuff on stage during Penetrations set!

John Peel repeatedly playing Ivor Biggun!

tip top is probably some snotty little student who is going on mummy and daddies credit card and will wander around our town centre pretending they are oh so f***ing rebellious because they're wearing a rage t-shirt and then will get a taxi back to the site.

f***ing festival, I hate it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I went to the infamous Nirvana weekend where it absolutely pissed down and the site was converted into a massive mud bath.

Bands were pelted with mud that weekend, including the unfortunately named Mudhoney who really got it.

Some bands fought back. I clearly remember a member of the female American rock group L7 being hit with mud then promptly putting her hand down her knickers, pulling out her tampon and throwing back into the crowd.

You don't get much rock and roll than that

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
tip top is probably some snotty little student who is going on mummy and daddies credit card and will wander around our town centre pretending they are oh so f***ing rebellious because they're wearing a rage t-shirt and then will get a taxi back to the site.

f***ing festival, I hate it.
Yeah he is probably a spotty little shite:thumbsup:
Not saying all are smelly gits but most are:lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As the crow flies, I live within 150 metres of the arena.
But as I'm on the other side of the river, its more like a miles walk!
Free ticket this year as well :thumbsup:
Thought it was plush properties on the otherside mmm,guess there is coucil places there ha ha ha:lolol:

I live by caversham bridge on the riverside;)

I went to the infamous Nirvana weekend where it absolutely pissed down and the site was converted into a massive mud bath.

Bands were pelted with mud that weekend, including the unfortunately named Mudhoney who really got it.

Some bands fought back. I clearly remember a member of the female American rock group L7 being hit with mud then promptly putting her hand down her knickers, pulling out her tampon and throwing back into the crowd.

You don't get much rock and roll than that

:ohmy:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Im at regents riverside,if you go over the caversham bridge from caversham and look left you will see a new block:lolol:

nice area you have aswel:thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think I know where you mean - overlooking the island is it?

Warrens great, bit of a pain to walk to Reading though - nearest bus stop is 15 minutes away, and then you might as well walk it from there.
Yeah oposite the bowling green island,get free bowls and great view:lolol:

You need a little boat really:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here