Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading fans

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
How the hell can these people claim to be supporting their team? We create a better atmosphere at Withdean. There were over 15,000 in the ground and only the 2,500 Albion fans were singing. And any team that needs tanoy music after goals to encourage their supporters to celebrate don't deserve a ground that we'd kill for.

:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
my experience of reading fans have been that they are very 'fairweather' and tend to it more cos there is nothing better to do than anything else.

however, i find that at most grounds we go too, the home support is piss poor.

i wonder, will it be different at falmer??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be fair I thought they made more noise today than on any of our previous recent visits. We have to remember that it is the duty of an away following to outsing the home support - happens at Withdean whenever there is a reasonable turnout for the opposition.

Reading are still building their support and it will take some time for people to get into the full football thing and I imagine we'll find the same at Falmer.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
message to reading fans:-

to create a better atmospere and the illusion of a full stadia, paint every blue seat with two horizontal white stripes, and glue a potato to the top of each seat.
thus appearing to the away supporter that there is not an empty seat in the stadium!

you wont be able to tell the difference

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
scarby said:
message to reading fans:-

to create a better atmospere and the illusion of a full stadia, paint every blue seat with two horizontal white stripes, and glue a potato to the top of each seat.
thus appearing to the away supporter that there is not an empty seat in the stadium!

you wont be able to tell the difference

Wont the potato make more noise though?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Comparing our home support (7,000 max., 2 stands and no roof) and the Mad Stad is slightly unfair. 13,000 people supporting the winning team should be able to outsing 2,500 losing supporters. This didn't happen today.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Strangely enough they disagree on Hobnob Anyone.???

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
RoyalAli said:
Home fans rarely outsing away fans, whatever the result.

That is from my experience, you may know otherwise.

Teaboy, I thought you have 3 stands?
The South Stand, The permanent North stand, and the little away fans stand?
Is this not so?

i think he means two home stands?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
we are often outsung at withdean. at our support far outnumbers the away fans

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Not suprised by their crap following.Every time we've played them they've made no noise or shown no passion.They don't even sing at away games!

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
RoyalAli said:
I take it you weren't at the game, and are going by other people's reports?

Yes I was at the game.If your claiming Reading fans were singing I must of developed an acute form of deafness for 90 minutes as I didn't hear a thing from your mockney fans.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
theres no one there
theres no one there
theres no one there

SHALL WE SING A SONG FOR YOU

:lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i could hear the reading fans....just

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
RoyalAli said:
When you can sell all your tickets, then you can come back and have a go....

We're talking about a team here who couldn't sell all thier tickets for a playoff final.
Over 100 miles away from home... You can barely fill 2 of your own stands AT home.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
RoyalAli said:
When you can sell all your <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=tickets&v=56">tickets</a>, then you can come back and have a go....

We're talking about a team here who couldn't sell all thier <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=tickets&v=56">tickets</a> for a playoff final.
ooooh :safeway: u didnt deserve the win

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And mines bigger than yours,goodnight.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
As a percentage of available tickets I'm fairly sure we sold more than you did today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here