Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading after CMS

tangfastic

Nov 1, 2009
hove
I did actually hear this mentioned yesterday,surely bullshit after they signed Roberts.

did you hear this on the brighton-portslade train, after the match, with a figure of £3.5 million and a groundsman at reading also mentioned in the same sentence? if so, we must've been on the same train. i thought it was bullshit too by the way.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
did you hear this on the brighton-portslade train, after the match, with a figure of £3.5 million and a groundsman at reading also mentioned in the same sentence? if so, we must've been on the same train. i thought it was bullshit too by the way.

Yes i did!,I think the whole carriage went quite when the bloke was saying it!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How on earth do you come to that conclusion? Most rumours have absolutely no foundation whatsoever - that's why they're rumours. They're invented by people on boards like this. Someone invents something, someone else repeats it, and there you go: a rumour.

I heard Torquay are after Will Buckley - by your logic there must be some truth in that.

looool...sums it up nicely

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
2 people have already said they've heard the same rumour - as have I. There is a vast difference between a team showing an interest in one of our players and us selling him.

Given that CMS was Gus's key summer signing and given that CMS seems to be happy here, I doubt anything will come of it but that doesn't mean that no team will ever be interested in putting an offer in for CMS (or any other player) - especially a team such as Reading who are now in a position where they could put a pretty compelling offer in for players.

The original poster is only reporting what he has seen on the NSC twitter account - so don't see any reason why he should be crucified for it!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
2 people have already said they've heard the same rumour - as have I. There is a vast difference between a team showing an interest in one of our players and us selling him.

Given that CMS was Gus's key summer signing and given that CMS seems to be happy here, I doubt anything will come of it but that doesn't mean that no team will ever be interested in putting an offer in for CMS (or any other player) - especially a team such as Reading who are now in a position where they could put a pretty compelling offer in for players.

The original poster is only reporting what he has seen on the NSC twitter account - so don't see any reason why he should be crucified for it!

doh...jus cos its on twitter its true?..blimey..prepare for several thousand new threads then

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
doh...jus cos its on twitter its true?..blimey..prepare for several thousand new threads then

Of course not - but coming from the NSC account gives it slightly more credibility than coming from just any account I'd suggest...

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If it was another Championship club then it might be taken seriously but the fact that they've signed two strikers in Jason Roberts and the Pole Tomasz Cywka from Derby in the last few days, suggests it should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It must be true,my aunty,who is a friend of a pie seller at the Amex,well,his dog got the know how from the cow on the farm who was told by the carthorse...so it was straight from the horses mouth.....DOH!!

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Bumped into CMS afterthe game as he went to the car park....I was well pissed but he was happy to stop for a chat with me and some friends (pics etc ). I know it was only a couple of minutes but he came across as a top bloke who could not believe how lucky he was to be playig at the amex and was loving his time here. If that was not genuine then he has a back up career as a soap star at the very least ... My point being it will have to be a very special offer in terms of personal T & C 's even if the club does get an offer

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
That's why it's a rumour! What do u call proof of a rumour exactly!? When the players having their first press conference after signing?

I just get annoyed when people talk about things on here and have no f***ing proof. No I like it when there's official talk, cause to me it's all ball shit and probably just a way in which you get people to post comments on your thread??!?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here