Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reaction at work

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What has reaction to last night's win been like with Albion-supporting and non-Albion-supporting work colleagues?

Most here didn't realise we'd beaten Manchester City, and most were surprised when I told them, but the few football supporters that there are here, were well made up on my behalf, especially a rather cute 23-year-old Birmingham City fan. She gave me a big hug.

I like winning games like that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I work in Tottenham and have had a great reaction. Especially good from the Millwall fan, Orient fan and Watford fan in the office. Most poeple that like football knew about the result and were waiting for me to get in to say nice things about Brighton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Superb, plethora of mails from suppliers including a United fan in Manchester no less who advised many gloomy faces in their office today !

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I got loads of people asking me if my 1-1 Elphick 1st scorer bet counted, and then lots of "who good was that" type comments, and there is one Spurs fans who goes on week in week out how shite Brighton are, and he even took time out to say how good for football that win was.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
A guy at work here was out drinking last night, when he went home on the train, sitting opposite a set of Albion fans with glum faces, he'd assumed we'd lost.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Most of the people in my office are Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal fans, they weren't particularly impressed by our performance in what they view as their 4th most important competition.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I dont work yet so this will have to do. Went out clubbing in my Albion shirt last night, brought lots of attention and lots of drinks as well.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Great reaction, even getting texts from people I haven't spoken to in a while. The big boss of the office, who is a Palace fan, even gave me a Brent-esque high-five when I came in. Thankfully no one else was in to see.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Most of the people in my office are Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal fans, they weren't particularly impressed by our performance in what they view as their 4th most important competition.

Completely opposite to the reaction from my friends who support those clubs - I have had loads of calls and texts of congratulation. The fact that it was the League Cup didn't come in to it, and they regard it as a fantastic achievement for us to have beaten a team like City, particularly in view of the pretty strong team they put out.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My work colleagues knew I was going to the match - they support Tottenham, Chelsea, Albion & Newcastle. I wore my Albion tie and cuff-links today... they all wanted to hear about the match... all very pleased (apart from the Geordie, or course - but that's a different story).

Papa

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
E-mails from friends who support Pompey, Southampton..........& City!

I am loving it. The fact they know I've followed Albion through thin & thinner makes days like this SWEET!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here