Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Razak signs

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we beat Liverpool we will start to build up a lot of games in hand and if we make the play-offs as well we will need a big squad as fatigue sets in. There are few other clubs in this division with any strength in Depth. This will count bigtime in the run in.

I agree to a point, but I still don't want to end up with a team largely made up of loan players. Its not healthy for the club.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
These two sound very promising.

I'm not overly keen on the team being STUFFED with loan signings though if I'm honest. We could now have over half a team of loanee's on the pitch with Vokes, Reyes, Mattock, Assulin and Razak. Of course its great if they turn out to be quality and we get an option on a permanent deal. But I don't want to see our team become a revolving door of other clubs players who are looking for some 1st team action before going back to their own club, as inevitably it means some of our own squad are missing out (and I'm thinking particularly of the likes of JFC, who really needs to be involved to continue his development).

Gus obviously knows what he's doing, but I still think he needs to be careful to get the balance right.

Fair comment there Easy, although I must confess that I'm probably more concerned that it'll be several more games now with me referring to Albion players as 'wotsit' & 'thingy'. So much for the benefits of being older & wiser these days. :down:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
End of the play-off push? Team full of loanees won't be consistent and won't have the drive of the players who have got us here.

why not? Promotion would mean the better ones would be signed, that alone is a good incentive, to sign for a club you know and play well for that's in the PL.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I agree to a point, but I still don't want to end up with a team largely made up of loan players. Its not healthy for the club.

That was what I was trying to allude to earlier. You can't deny that Gus should be striving to get the very best possible players playing for the club. But when they are only going to be here for a short period, I do wonder what the long term affect is on the clubs and our permanent players who have been ousted after doing so well.

Trust Gus completely though so if he's happy to bring them in and thinks they'll strenthen our play off charge then that's good enough for me.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
That was what I was trying to allude to earlier. You can't deny that Gus should be striving to get the very best possible players playing for the club. But when they are only going to be here for a short period, I do wonder what the long term affect is on the clubs and our permanent players who have been ousted after doing so well.

Trust Gus completely though so if he's happy to bring them in and thinks they'll strenthen our play off charge then that's good enough for me.

If they do well, I think there is a good chance that Vokes, Mattock and Reyes could sign permanently in the summer. Not sure about the other two.

It could be very positive though, look at the effect Painter & Calderon had when they came in. I know Calde wasn't on loan, but he was a short term signing none the less.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

lol..and what uve sed is what i was trig to allude to earlier....interesting job keeping everyone in the squad happy ...current lot seem to hav a good team spirit..which always helps when the chips r down

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
These two sound very promising.

I'm not overly keen on the team being STUFFED with loan signings though if I'm honest. We could now have over half a team of loanee's on the pitch with Vokes, Reyes, Mattock, Assulin and Razak. Of course its great if they turn out to be quality and we get an option on a permanent deal. But I don't want to see our team become a revolving door of other clubs players who are looking for some 1st team action before going back to their own club, as inevitably it means some of our own squad are missing out (and I'm thinking particularly of the likes of JFC, who really needs to be involved to continue his development).

Gus obviously knows what he's doing, but I still think he needs to be careful to get the balance right.

OVER half a team Easy? are you sure about that?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Competition for places is now just silly, players like Harley, JFC, Agestien, Vincelot, Painter, Casper, Hall are just not going to get a look in now and Im not sure how that is going to affect morale around the squad especially as we dont appear to play "reserve" games. I mean when was the last time Harley kicked a ball in a match situation and when is the next time he is likey too? Painter is going to come back from injury, need game time to get match fit.........but......wont actually play any!!

Im glad that Gus is looking at improvements all the time and we are attracting the calibure of players we are getting, i just worry about the long term effect on some players, it would not be so bad if like Hoskins players went out on loan to get match fit.....but our players dont seem to do that.

Its all great for us as supporters, but not great if you are part of the squad that now is so far down the line, your closer to the development squad than the match day squad.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

I see your point but a lot of the loans look like they may well be leading to permanent moves in the summer. Reyes is out of contract in the summer so I'm sure he's pretty much nailed on to sign permanently for us, likewise I expect that Vokes and possibly Mattock may sign permanently as well if we can agree fees. These city 2 are unlikely to be in our price range though, but if we were to get promoted you never know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here