Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Razak & Assulin

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Can some say how well they played?
are they going to be useful in the coming months from what you saw today?
do you think they will they hold a starting 11 place in the future?

I did not see them myself. However, five live guys sounded impressed, and from the commentary they both sounded useful additions. Do city or West Brom have anyone to lend us who can shoot?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's hope Assulin stays longer than the initial 30 days we have him for.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Put it this way. They wont fit in coz they keep looking to pass and go forwards. Very impressed with the pair of them!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can some say how well they played?
are they going to be useful in the coming months from what you saw today?
do you think they will they hold a starting 11 place in the future?

Think you might have started this a tad early. Someone who went to the game might have the answer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tell you what that was such an open game its a shame vicente wasnt im the squad that game was made for him today. he would have had loads of freedom today.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
T g gnf

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Assulin looked good in his short spell. Good control with low centre of gravity to get past defenders - line that Suarez fella we saw on Sunday.
Razak had some good touches in first half and a good shot well saved. Hard to tell on a bumpy pitch. Faded in second half and did not track back quick enough.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Razak looked good first half but as someone else mentioned he faded later. However he made some good runs, not looking afraid to get stuck in, win the ball then take on and beat a man or two and take a shot. He does look to make positive and direct runs from box to box which is welcome.

Assulin had a brief cameo late on and showed some neat tricks, one amazing Ward-esque lightning quick silver turn that completely goosed the full back. I think he will get us lots of free kicks. However having beaten his man Assulin was guilty a couple of times of not looking up for the final pass when CMS was in a good position. He appears tiny, I suspect he is slighter build than Nooney. A sort of kosher Jimmy Johnstone type of tricky winger. We will have a lot of competition for the wide roles.

I think Razak was victim of a rather disjointed team performance tonight, we won the ball so many times on the edge of our box but the understanding between our players was absent on many moves with possession being lost in a sloppy way when we were well placed to cut through Hull. Mattock was ok, Reyes, Bridders and Navs were erratic but for me the worst offender by far was Barnes whose radar was off most of the time. I was disappointed (but not surprised) that Gus did not take Barnes off instead of Razak. CMS put his usual shift in but looked seriously pissed off at the lack of the killer ball to him when he was on the last mans shoulder. However Brez was definitely our MoM making one brilliant save when 1 on 1, look like a cert goal.

The pitch didn't help with the ball bouncing like a tennis ball on the wings but sticking in the mud along the length of the centre of the pitch. I know it was the same for both teams but it didn't help our style. Considering we had several changes including new boy Razak we created some decent chances and although Hull caused a lot of problems we could have nicked it. A decent result. The KC is a decent stadium too.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Still relecting on the game. I would like to see Razak alongside JFC and Bridders. Probably at the expense of Navarro who isn't on the same wavelength and does not have the speed of thought for the killer pass. However I fear that JFC will slide further down the pecking order especially with Sparrow available.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
any chance of keeping them permanently? or are they very much seen as young prospects for man city? just here getting some first team action..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The commentator on Radio Sussex was impressed with both but he also said that Razak tired and went off after about 70 mins. Apparently from the commentary Reyes hada very poor first half but improved in the 2nd. I am sure that he also said that Ausalin's loan had been exyended but I may have misheard I thought that he said to 6 weeks.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The only games MADE for Vicente are those which are called off

I agree last nights game was so open it was crying out for one outstanding player (ie a Vicente) on either side to capitalise on the possession and space but suspect even Vicente would have struggled on their dog of a pitch which made slick control of the ball a lottery. He would have had more chance if he picked up the ball and ran with it rugby style. However the pitch isn't an excuse, both sides had enough chances to win and its bizarre that it ended up 0-0. TBH if Hull had their shooting boots on we probably should have lost it by a couple. Even so we had some very decent chances and was entertaining plus Razak and Assulin did enough to suggest they will give us some more options, once they get on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. It will be good to see how they play on a decent pitch with a big Amex crowd to encourage them.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
My concern is that it doesn't matter how many Razaks etc we sign as all you are doing is increasing our squad of flair players so we can leave other flair players on the bench or in the stands.

Gus seems to have such a Capello approach to football that Navarro and Barnes get constantly picked while other far better players have to take their turn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here