Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Razak and Assulin

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Why are they not playing ? are they injured sick or just not good enough does any one know,not fishing genuine question surely City will recall them if they are not playing regularly

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Assulin wasn't risked as only just getting back from injury

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good question. Would like to have seen Razak on the bench and perhaps come on, as Robson did seem to run the show and had a good physical presence.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm lead to believe Razak has pissed Poyet off, so we won't be seeing him anytime soon. We will soon know for sure, if Razak is not the replacement for Bridcutt and he picks Dicker instead(no disrespect to Dicker, but now is not the time for a rusty player to be thrown back into the fold from the start) then Poyet clearly puts his own agenda ahead of picking the best eleven players to win games for this football club. Which is something I have long suspected anyway.......why on earth did Lualua not start today after, Vicente and Lualua won the last game at home between them....People will say the virus, but did Buckley not have that as well?..All very strange.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Lua Lua man of the match last home game doesn't start the next is a joke & left Vicente with more attention being paid to him as another consequence, negating his impact. With both we dominate, how the oppo must cheer when they see Lua Lua omitted after reading the opposition scouting reports

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Just wish he'd play a settle side of keep tinkering with it. Gus reminds me of Rafa benitez where he didn't know his best team.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Why is Gus pissed off with Razak? Have I missed something?

Gus still has a lot to learn as a manager , his team selection today was not good we should have won easily but didnt and that is down to Gus he is throwing points away.Our midfield is too defensive whith Bridcutt and Navarro together ,one of them needs to be replaced with Assulin or Razak,Bridcutt made the decision for Gus today but he will probably play dicker instead of Assulin or Razak and we will not get to the play offs.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Gus still has a lot to learn as a manager , his team selection today was not good we should have won easily but didnt and that is down to Gus he is throwing points away.Our midfield is too defensive whith Bridcutt and Navarro together ,one of them needs to be replaced with Assulin or Razak,Bridcutt made the decision for Gus today but he will probably play dicker instead of Assulin or Razak and we will not get to the play offs.

Shut up you dullard.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have missed this as well, what has Razak done to piss off Gus ?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I thought Navarro was excellent today. As good as Razak? I dunno but he does exactly as Gus wants. Here ly within the answer

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I do feel that some players are 'allowed' an off game from Gus and still keep their place in the starting 11.

However some, like Lua Lua and Buckley are dropped to the bench everytime they have a poor game.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I think that it more to do with the fact that we have three excellent wingers and he is trying to keep them all happy. They do all seem to have a similar trait in being much better coming on as sub rather than starting though

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I do feel that some players are 'allowed' an off game from Gus and still keep their place in the starting 11.

However some, like Lua Lua and Buckley are dropped to the bench everytime they have a poor game.

I think that comes down to the amount of competition we have for places. Navarro and Barnes, for example, do a job in the side that Gus trusts them with but nobody else seems to be as good at doing the role. On the other hand, if Buckley/LuaLua or CMS/Vokes have off games they have someone who can play the same position as them fighting for their place who will come in. I think also in Buckley and LuaLua's case they are both inconsistent, as most wingers are, so they will have spells in the team and then be on the bench for a while.

I think a lot of people see one of our players have an impact off the bench and think Gus chose the wrong team when actually I think the bench is our strength. A lot of teams have a winger or two as good as ours but to have the depth that we have in that position is unusual so a lot of times our starting winger will tire the full backs and the sub will come on and take advantage. This applies whoever starts and is on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here