Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rayan Cherki (Dortmund/West Ham target)

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’m slightly surprised that we haven’t expressed any interest in this CAM from Lyon. West Ham and B.Dortmund very interested.

He seems to have excellent dribbling and versatile passing skills which suit a possession orientated side like us but especially his ability to use both feet equally well, he’d make us a good forward pivot despite his lack of experience in the EPL (along with some notable but not irredeemable weaknesses in his game). With Hürzeler’s tactics of using his CAM to stretch play, it needs attacking midfielders who can force play wide on both sides - he could fit into that role very well judging by the heat maps.

Downside is he doesn’t seem to have shown his earlier potential at Lyon as he showed as a Lyon academy player but maybe Lyon wasn’t the right team for him? Much of this is seems to be down to his reluctance to contribute to defensive play but perhaps in a 5 man MF block that Hürzeler falls back into, the defensive system might suit him better? His other issue is he struggles maintaining possession when facing defenders but Barco and Facu in his first season, also struggle in that regard - he’s still young at 20 years.

At €15m he could be an interesting investment albeit a risky one but I guess he’s not looking a good prospect on TB’s starlizard? He just strikes me that with the right coach he could be amazing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As well as a defensive midfielder, we’re clearly looking for an ‘assist’ monster.

Rutter & Dewsbury-Hall were the 2nd and 3rd ranked highest assisters in the Championship last season and we’ve apparently sniffed out both.

I’m not sure if this guy is up to scratch to be a Hürzeler CAM.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He was really hot 2-3 years ago. Real Madrid were looking for him and whatnot. Kind of faded out a bit but still young, worth a punt? Don't watch that much Ligue 1.

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
i have bought him every tine I play football manager - him on left and Rooney Bardeji (however you spell it) on right, so it’s a yes from me
A solid wonderkid on football manager! Roony Bardghji even better!

I just wished we signed Wharton who became a legend in my team. Ferguson also becomes the consistent top PL scorer by 2030.

The above players and we’re a top 5 side every year.

With TB being a betting man, I’d forget that lizard technology and go all in the FM wonderkids.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Turned Fulham down apparently :lolol:
Still surprised we haven’t expressed any interest tbh - a left and right winger and a CAM/10 - probably would be a very useful player to a manager like FH that likes a floating attacker and who overloads wide areas in attack. Needs physical improvement - think his speed is compromised after injuries but a great dribbler and a 360 degree player (truly ambidextrous). If I were playing FPL, I‘d have him as an off the bench option definitely. Not sure we’d compete with Lazio though, he clearly wants Champions League football.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Still surprised we haven’t expressed any interest tbh - a left and right winger and a CAM/10 - probably would be a very useful player to a manager like FH that likes a floating attacker and who overloads wide areas in attack. Needs physical improvement - think his speed is compromised after injuries but a great dribbler and a 360 degree player (truly ambidextrous). If I were playing FPL, I‘d have him as an off the bench option definitely. Not sure we’d compete with Lazio though, he clearly wants Champions League football.
Are you Chelsea? Are you Chelsea? Are you Chelsea in disguise?

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Er? No BHAFC through and through.

What is your problem?
Sorry Zeberdi, I forgot that you previously mentioned that you sometimes take things literally.
It was meant as a light-hearted comment that we already have several wide players on our books and if we signed anymore we would be behaving like Chelsea.

I enjoy your posts and was impressed when you were the first to spot FH as our next potential coach.
I know very well that you are Brighton through and through. Apologies.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sorry Zeberdi, I forgot that you previously mentioned that you sometimes take things literally.
It was meant as a light-hearted comment that we already have several wide players on our books and if we signed anymore we would be behaving like Chelsea.

I enjoy your posts and was impressed when you were the first to spot FH as our next potential coach.
I know very well that you are Brighton through and through. Apologies.
No I’m sorry for taking your comment the wrong way and yep neurodivergent brain finds it hard to ‘read‘ intent sometimes 🤗

Thank you for the apology.

And agree - we don’t seem to have any room for any more wingers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No I’m sorry for taking your comment the wrong way and yep neurodivergent brain finds it hard to ‘read‘ intent sometimes 🤗

Thank you for the apology.

And agree - we don’t seem to have any room for any more wingers.
Good spot, though.

Incredibly exciting, watching our 2024 recruitment. :cheery:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here