Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ray Parlour clubless

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
on soccer am , talking of hanging up boots as cant get a club. Wants club in London/South

37yrs old , would be decent addition

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Short term trial/offer perhaps but was turned down by Barnet so must be over the top I would think. I didnt realise that he was that old when I suggested it a couple of months ago I thought he was about 34 ish.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Considering that a lot of people are already writing off two 28 yr olds in our team, I think he's past it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
on soccer am , talking of hanging up boots as cant get a club. Wants club in London/South

37yrs old , would be decent addition

end of season contract possibly , but he wants to stay in London ( i know its not a massive trek from there but it's still a hell of a commute each day !)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Must be worth a phone call to bring him down fora trial to see if he can still do the biz, problem is his game was full of running and energy and how much of that does he have now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
mis-read that - thought it said "Ray Parlour - clueless"

..............................................was going to agree :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
mis-read that - thought it said "Ray Parlour - clueless"

..............................................was going to agree :)

beat me to it. We don't need another headless chicken in midfield. We're served well enough by El-Abd. We need a Jan Molby type figure to stroke it around. Forster palys so much better with ball to feet.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think the fact that he cant find a club would indicate that either his legs or his hunger have gone, I'd rather have a hungry Tommy Fraser in the team than an old has been going through the motions.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Would be leagues ahead of anything we have in Midfield - why one earth wouldn't you want Parlour at the club?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ray parlour at half his peak would still be well ahead of our midfield. can only assume he wants big wages.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I agree - he won't cut it. In the Premiership. But we're in League 1.

Do you think that Dean Hammond is a better player than Ray Parlour (even at 37)?

I see where you're coming from but what would he bring us that isn't already there?

Personally, I'm a big fan of getting a seasoned pro in who can bring a bit of wisdom and level headedness to us, a bit like a Gary McAllister. I really can't see Parlour bringing that.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Don't really want Charlie Dimmock playing for us thanks, didn't really set the world alight when he was at Hull did he ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here