Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rather than moan about early leavers!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Southern need more carriages, it really is simple as that. Frequency etc. all probably fine if all the trains were minimum 6 coaches long, preferably 8.

At the moment, far too many 3 coach trains are being used.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
copter+boy.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
a) lock people in until the final whistle
b) add more carriages
c) fill up the current carriages

There are no other options.

I still don't understand why people leave early though. I have a long way to travel home so for evening games I leave my seat when there is a minute of injury time to go and walk to the exit, watch the last 30 seconds or so from there and then leave the second the whistle goes. Every single time I make that 21.45 train so am back in Brighton under 20 mins after the final whistle. Why would anyone need to get home any earlier than that?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What could be done to ease the travel worries before we start to lose our mighty fanbase? We can keep moaning about going early but there must be a very good reason. Please come up with ways to improve travel,whats it going to like with 30,000:facepalm:

If only MORE people would leave before the end of the game then the first wave of buses could be gone and back again by teh time I shuffle to the end of my queue.

Tbh, getting 25,000 peiople away from a stadium does take quite a long time. It seems to happen everywhere, so I'm always a bit confused that people seem to think we are somehow missing an easy solution.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Divert the River Ouse through Falmer Village and then use the IOW hovercraft to bring people in. People would be able to park their cars in the IOW.

iow-ferries.jpg

abc

Jan 6, 2007
What could be done to ease the travel worries before we start to lose our mighty fanbase? We can keep moaning about going early but there must be a very good reason. Please come up with ways to improve travel,whats it going to like with 30,000:facepalm:

First class post.

Noone WANTS to leave a game early (unless the game is truly dire) but when the difference between leaving 5 minutes early or on the final whistle can be well over an hour in getting home it is hardly surprising people do. Its got absoultelly NOTHING to do with how dedicated a fan you are but many people simply have other commitments, early work in the morning etc.

Most grounds are traditionally in the middle of town and people can leave on the whistle and disperse quickly and easily. This is the opposite to the Amex. So yes, if the club want the support to stay to the end the only solution is to improve the transport links.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

This.

Like in Japan they should have staff to push people on to trains.

In all seriousness these people who get the trains are clearly NOT commuters. If they were they would know to MOVE DOWN THE CARRIAGE but they dont they stand by the door. IDIOTS.

The staff are ALSO IDIOTS because they dont tell people to. Simply put I would have a cattle prod to get people TO MOVE.

You could get loads more on. LOADS. After the Brum game half empty trains were leaving :facepalm:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
a) lock people in until the final whistle
b) add more carriages

I still don't understand why people leave early though. I have a long way to travel home so for evening games I leave my seat when there is a minute of injury time to go and walk to the exit, watch the last 30 seconds or so from there and then leave the second the whistle goes. Every single time I make that 21.45 train so am back in Brighton under 20 mins after the final whistle. Why would anyone need to get home any earlier than that?

So actually you DO leave early! how would it work if 25000 people left their " seat when there is a minute of injury time to go and walk to the exit, watch the last 30 seconds or so from there and then leave the second the whistle goes"? Hoisted by your own petard Sir!

Also, not everyone lives in Brighton. You might not be quite so smug if you lived further away?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This.

Like in Japan they should have staff to push people on to trains.

In all seriousness these people who get the trains are clearly NOT commuters. If they were they would know to MOVE DOWN THE CARRIAGE but they dont they stand by the door. IDIOTS.

The staff are ALSO IDIOTS because they dont tell people to. Simply put I would have a cattle prod to get people TO MOVE.

You could get loads more on. LOADS. After the Brum game half empty trains were leaving :facepalm:

There were spare SEATS on the 21.45 last night! SEATS! With a queue of about 5,000 people waiting to get on a train, how the hell can it leave with spare seats? Unless the last person on's nose is pressing up against the glass of the door, then the train is not full. The journey to Brighton / Lewes only takes a couple of minutes, they should pack those trains out, it would save a lot of people a lot of time, and then we might not have the mass exodus at 85 minutes.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
First class post.

Noone WANTS to leave a game early (unless the game is truly dire) but when the difference between leaving 5 minutes early or on the final whistle can be well over an hour in getting home it is hardly surprising people do. Its got absoultelly NOTHING to do with how dedicated a fan you are but many people simply have other commitments, early work in the morning etc.

Most grounds are traditionally in the middle of town and people can leave on the whistle and disperse quickly and easily. This is the opposite to the Amex. So yes, if the club want the support to stay to the end the only solution is to improve the transport links.

i rarely leave before FT but as a 5.40am commuter occassionally take the option to get home as early as possible. 3 carriage trains serving a 26,000 crowd is a joke and needs addressing urgently.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
How many does an Imperial Tie Fighter hold? Or an X-wing? Surely if a group of us clubbed together and split the petrol costs it wouldn't work out too much over the season.

imperial%20tie%20fighter%20microscale%20photo.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So actually you DO leave early! how would it work if 25000 people left their " seat when there is a minute of injury time to go and walk to the exit, watch the last 30 seconds or so from there and then leave the second the whistle goes"? Hoisted by your own petard Sir!

Also, not everyone lives in Brighton. You might not be quite so smug if you lived further away?

You got me.

Except I don't live in Brighton, I live in North West London. I think that's far enough away for a midweek game to justify being 'smug' about how people really don't need to leave early. If I don't, then nor do 99% of the crowd.

My point is, I don't understand why people need to leave on 85 minutes. What's the point in going in the first place if you're going to miss the last 5 minutes? OK, if we're 3-0 up or 3-0 down I understand it, but not at 1-1! When we beat Sunderland last year I left at the final whistle (after extra time) and was still back home before midnight.

What annoys me is the people sprinting and pushing and shoving to get on the first train out, when they live in Brighton! Hang around for a beer after, you'll have a nice leisurely, quiet train journey home then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here