Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rant on ATC from first time poster...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"Remember those promises that those of us that travelled to Gillingham with season tickets would be guaranteed priority tickets when the club returned to a permanent residence in Brighton.

I've had my season ticket since before 1995 and attended my first game inn the middle of the 1995/96 season when I was 7.

I have now found out that although i am in the priority 1 season ticket group the earliest appointment i can take up is on the 31st January the last possible date for priority 1 and there could be some 2,400 people ahead of me in the queue for tickets each person potentially being able to by 4 tickets, therefore a potential 9,600 ticket sales BEFORE I can choose my seat.

I have always been in the most expensive section of seats, from the west stand central at the Goldstone, to the "gold" section at the Preistfield (for those of you who can remember it) and the north stand at Withdean.
I know season ticket holders who have ONLY been to Withdean, and have sat it cheaper seats with a better view of the game and have more priority than me!

Is THAT a delivery of a promise Mr Perry, or yet another empty promise from the Albion.

I look forward to seeing if the club can pass any comment on this and allow me to book online from the 10th January without the need to attend a presentation because I want to sit in the East stand at the half way line 15 - 20 rows from the front, not much to ask for all the year of dedicated support (and marches along the seafront!). "

Who's going to tell him, after all that, that the area he wants has now been comandeered by the 2nd Battalion of the 1901 Club...? :whistle:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Still, got to hand it to the club, there's no favouritism being shown here, they're managing to alienate fans right across the board in pursuit of the business casual dollar :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think this should be considered good news to all those who were complaining about 1901 being promised priority for key cup games.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He does sound like someone who was born with a silver spoon in his gob and a bit spoilt to say the least, he has always had the most expensive seats (lucky little boy).
Did the club not reward his Gillingham ticket with his first pick at Withdean as promised.
And now he wants special treatment and allowed to book on line on the first day of ticket sales.
I do feel a little sorry for the poor little rich boy.

I must add I had season tickets at Gillingham and wanted a season ticket in the North stand like him, but these were all sold out when my application was made.

Last edited:

His QUESTION is a reasonable one, though.

He knows what seat area he wants to sit in. As someone who qualifies for the first tranche of sales, can he book a season ticket on-line WITHOUT attending the presentation?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

He knows what seat area he wants to sit in. Can he book a season ticket on-line WITHOUT attending the presentation?

Indeed. For many people attending a presentation would mean taking a day's annual leave or losing a day's wages. Just give us an online seating plan and a booking form and we'll sort ourselves out.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex

He knows what seat area he wants to sit in. As someone who qualifies for the first tranche of sales, can he book a season ticket on-line WITHOUT attending the presentation?

I think he can. I read somewhere last week that those who could not make the presentations would given help and advice on phone or email to help them choose the tickets they want.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Don't get me wrong LB, I think people who cannot make their time and date should be allowed to book on line at that date and time, but this guy wants to jump his allotted slot.

Don't get me wrong LB, I think people who cannot make their time and date should be allowed to book on line at that date and time, but this guy wants to jump his allotted slot.

Not having received ANY information from the Club (blame the weather and the post), I'm not aware of 'slots' being allotted. Is that how it's working? I thought we were being given a choice of slots, spread over a broad time period, determined by what priority group we were in.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I think he can. I read somewhere last week that those who could not make the presentations would given help and advice on phone or email to help them choose the tickets they want.

Found it on club site. "Of course if any supporter finds it impossible to get along to a presentation we will help by phone or email, during their allocated priority period" (Brown).

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Not having received ANY information from the Club (blame the weather and the post), I'm not aware of 'slots' being allotted. Is that how it's working? I thought we were being given a choice of slots, spread over a broad time period, determined by what priority group we were in.

They are and they have a period for P1,s and when you phone they tell you what dates you have been allocated because for example Easy10 phoned in 2 days before me and he was given a date 4 days after me. I was wondering if the date you purchased your first ticket at Withdean is the order you are being invited to the presentation.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
If he's always been able to afford the most expensive seats, he could have got in first with the 1901 Club months ago, if being at the front of the queue is so important to him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They are and they have a period for P1,s and when you phone they tell you what dates you have been allocated because for example Easy10 phoned in 2 days before me and he was given a date 4 days after me. I was wondering if the date you purchased your first ticket at Withdean is the order you are being invited to the presentation.

The PDF that was leaked to us prior to the Albion announcing Falmer season ticket details said that it was in Withdean block number order, so that those who sit together at Withdean will be able to do so again should they wish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here