Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rant of the day

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Trying to find a telephone number the only number I can think of for one of the new directory enquiries companies is 118118.

Their advertising campaign must have been sucessful as that is the only one I can remember. Begrudgingly I ring it and it is answered by someone who I presume is in Bangalore.

I ask for the number for Sussex University. She asks me where that is.

For fucks sake.

Outsourcing call centres to India is not good. The people employed there have no idea about this country. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Rant 2: Why is it wheelie bin men are incapable of actually emptying the contents of the bin into the back of the lorry? If I wanted the leftovers of our meals for the last week spread all over my street I would not put them in the bin in the first place - what am I paying my council tac for if I have to go out and clear up after the bin men!!!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
oldham gull said:
Rant 2: Why is it wheelie bin men are incapable of actually emptying the contents of the bin into the back of the lorry? If I wanted the leftovers of our meals for the last week spread all over my street I would not put them in the bin in the first place - what am I paying my council tac for if I have to go out and clear up after the bin men!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
oldham gull said:

Don't worry ..... they won't be doing it next week by the looks of it, you'll just have a full wheelie !!!!

Lazy tossers - if they don't want to work sack them !!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why don't you use BT.com directory enquiries unless of course you were not near a computer when you needed the number

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
gazwag said:
Why don't you use BT.com directory enquiries unless of course you were not near a computer when you needed the number

I had to reister. Then it said i was already registered but I didn't know my passowrd.

Then it told me it had sent me my password. But it hadn't.

It would have been quicker for me to fly to Bangalore and look it up myself.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Or maybe quicker to write them a letter asking for their phone number ....... but then you would need their address....err

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I got shuffled around BT Customer Services the other day (ie Bangalore), including one bloke who spoke such heavily-accented Indian/English I really couldn't understand what he was saying. I wasn't being awkward or racist or anything, but in the end I had to ask him to put me through to someone else, it was impossible.

I phoned up National Rail Enquiries the other day to find out about trains from Newport to Cardiff. I specifically said Newport in WALES, yet still got asked "So is that Newport Isle of Wight or Newport Gwent?" ...

not that she was reading straight from the screen and hadn't got a clue where either Newport actually is :rolleyes:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Yell.com is the best way to find numbers it has all the numbers that directory enquiries holds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here