Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers - how would YOU vote

Do you vote to allow New Rangers in the SPL?

• Yes - without Rangers an already broke division is even poorer.

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • No - forget the money, there is integrity at stake.

Votes: 145 69.0%
  • Monkey tennis! Who cares.

Votes: 33 15.7%

• Total voters

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don't like Rangers but without them the SPL is dead.

You say it as if it's a bad thing?
Scottish football loses whatever slight slight smidge of status that it has if Rangers are allowed in- but the worst thing is, you just know that they'll find a way round it and end up second in the MTL next season.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If i any of the top sides Id say throw them out as there'd be a champion leauge spot up for grabs.

For a few years. Scotland's coefficient is already in bits and the imminent loss of the year Rangers were UEFA Cup runners up will threaten their second CL space.

Another bad year and Scotland will revert to a single space.

Few Rangers supporting lads I know are exchanging Football Manager datasets that have Rangers playing in the Championship - at least they realise they're not PL quality but its still a ridiculous hope on their part.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I answered this on the other thread about it but cannot understand why they should have to be re elected as they still hold their SFA registration irrespective of who own them and apart from that the only thing that will stop other clubs voting in favour of keeping them in the SPL is the chance to win something. Most of the unfavoured sides will want them kept in for the gate money they generate. 4 or 5 times a season.

The CVA exit route was blocked by HMRC so the only option is to liquidate the club's assets and then reform as a newco. The 12 SPL clubs which confusingly still include Rangers have to vote on allowing "newco Rangers" to compete in the SPL. They need 8 votes and have 1 already. The bottom half of SPL clubs need Celtic and Rangers to bring in revenue from the away ticket sales. It all boils down to Celtic and the bigger clubs at the top end of the SPL deciding on gate receipts or the chance of playing in European Cup fixtures.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Few Rangers supporting lads I know are exchanging Football Manager datasets that have Rangers playing in the Championship - at least they realise they're not PL quality but its still a ridiculous hope on their part.

If Rangers are allowed to join an English league it could well be Blue Square Bet North.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it just the SPL clubs who vote or all clubs in the league. If it is 8 votes required I assume it is just the SPL clubs.

12 SPL clubs vote , 8 votes needed , Rangers already have 1 vote in favour , their own.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I was a Scottish Premiership club I'd vote they start at the bottom, and then push for all those changes they can't get through without both the old firm vetoing them all the time.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
For Scottish football to have any vestige of credibility left they have to go down to Div 3, detox the brand and start again. They will be back challenging for the title within 4-5 years. There are quite a lot of fans of other clubs up here saying they won't be back if the Huns get back in. Celtic's Green Brigade, a large fan group, have refused to buy season tickets pending the vote on whether they get back in. Ironically the team with most to lose are Celtic. Their chairman,Lawwell, may well vote for the Huns to be kept in. Unfortunately I think they will probably be voted back in but with the proviso that the current voting structure where Rantic have a block vote will be ditched. That will at least mean that the SPL will no longer be run by and for Rantic.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Out out out = ok they would be back in three four years but it would give a couple of teams the chance to build whilst they are away

Dandyman

In London village.
How about Newco Rangers starting in the Highland League provided Celtic f*ck off to the Irish league ?

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Darlo have been hit with four div drop so why not Rangers. I know its run by a different Asso. but seems fair to me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Rangers should start from the bottom. Ironically this situation may well prove to the benefit of scottish football. Rangers will bring extra revenue and interest to the lower leagues and maybe the likes of Hearts, Aberdeen, etc will get an injection of hope that they can finally have a pop at the title or at least a better shot at a european place.

Hopefully HMRC will start to take this hardline stance south of the border too and irresponsible cheating football clubs finally get their come-uppance.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
According to the BBC, Rangers don't get a vote

There is conflicting info as this appears in a Q&A section on the BBC site : Can Rangers newco get back in to the Scottish Premier League?
When the company is liquidated, its registrations with the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Premier League will be terminated. The new company will not automatically inherit the old registrations.
The newco would have to request a transfer of Rangers' share in the SPL. The SPL will then vote on whether to admit the newco to the top-flight. The SPL rules require eight of its member clubs to vote in favour of a share to be transferred to another company or club. This would require seven other SPL clubs to vote in favour of transferring the oldco's share to the newco, since Rangers will have a vote.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They should start again from the bottom, but I suspect that, sadly, Sky TV revenue will be a big deciding factor in the other clubs decision.

The Sky TV revenue is a mere pittance in comparison to what the Premier League and English clubs receive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here