Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers - how would YOU vote

Do you vote to allow New Rangers in the SPL?

• Yes - without Rangers an already broke division is even poorer.

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • No - forget the money, there is integrity at stake.

Votes: 145 69.0%
  • Monkey tennis! Who cares.

Votes: 33 15.7%

• Total voters

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't like the poll, I want to vote No, but I also want to vote monkey tennis. This is a tough one.

I'm not here to make your life easy, I'm making you think. Monkey Tennis does have a tantalising pull to it, doesn't it. LOL.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Interesting developments this morning. Apparently Rangers players do NOT have to transfer to the Rangers 'newco' if they don't want to. It would mean they are free agents.....and therefore likely to be able to command a better salary from another club, without the encumbrance of a hefty transfer fee.

Rumours also that Ally McCoist is about to quit.

When they said the players would be TUPE'd over to the "newco" I did think that was incorrect as it would be their choice to transfer across to a new company.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not here to make your life easy, I'm making you think. Monkey Tennis does have a tantalising pull to it, doesn't it. LOL.
It did. Reminded me of a taxi ride in Edinburgh, the driver was trying to get me to chose, Rangers or Celtic. I know, not even Glasgow, and he didn't understand that I couldn't care less about either club. But common sense prevailed, I voted no.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How's this vote looking? I seem to keep reading about clubs who are saying they will oppose Newco being granted SPL status.

Inverness and Hibs have said today that they will oppose, and I'm sure I heard Hearts and Dundee Utd have previously said they would oppose it. Looking like justice may well be done here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looking like justice may well be done here.
I hope so.

Newco trying to hold players to contracts that were between them and a different club. Completely weird.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
How's this vote looking? I seem to keep reading about clubs who are saying they will oppose Newco being granted SPL status.

Inverness and Hibs have said today that they will oppose, and I'm sure I heard Hearts and Dundee Utd have previously said they would oppose it. Looking like justice may well be done here.

Rangers need to win the vote 8-4, so one more club opposing the transfer will effectively demote them.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I hope so.

Newco trying to hold players to contracts that were between them and a different club. Completely weird.

Yes I can't quite get my head around that, they are threatening to sue players that move to new clubs but surely moving to Newco is also moving to a new club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Inverness, Hearts, Dundee and Hibs have all said they will vote against.

Two others have said they will let the fans decide, which SURELY guarantees a vote against.

Celtic fans are witholding their season ticket renewals, until confirmation of a vote against.

They are screwed.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Rangers need to win the vote 8-4, so one more club opposing the transfer will effectively demote them.

Have Celtic been waiting for this moment to stick the knife in and be the vote that sends them down the League?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Inverness, Hearts, Dundee and Hibs have all said they will vote against.

Two others have said they will let the fans decide, which SURELY guarantees a vote against.

Celtic fans are witholding their season ticket renewals, until confirmation of a vote against.

They are screwed.

Aberdeen said they would vote against, im pretty sure Inverness were one of the clubs who were going to let the fans decide, Motherwell i believe were the other, So thats 5 with Aberdeen.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
They cannot be allowed to just pick up where they've left off. If this were anybody outside the Old Firm, they wouldn't even be having the discussion - look at what happened to Livingston. Both parties are reaping what they've sewn for years - Rangers have lived beyond their means, bullied other clubs financially and always voted with Celtic, preventing the 10-club block necessary for change, on any issue that would remotely have evened the playing field in the Scottish top flight. And the SFA are paying the price for letting those two become so utterly dominant that they've basically become Scottish football.

This is a salutory lesson for English football. No club is too big to fail, and the larger they are, the more spectacular the failure.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Charles Green must be sweating a bit now...lol.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Surprised at the results myself. I guess we are thinking about this as ourselves rather than the owners of SPL clubs. I'm sure that in reality money will win out and the vote to allow them back in the SPL with be unanimous!

In response to the fan-power suggested in earlier posts... I'd ask the question... What would you do if BHA had one of the votes? Take a moral stand and refuse to renewal your season ticket if our Board accepted a newco team back into our division (assuming the Board had the same financial pressures to accept newco) or continue to support your team, but moan about the injustice of it all?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Certainly looks like they won't be allowed back in, but it's going to hurt the SPL a lot financially.

Why?

Their TV deal is in place for the next few years (by the end of which Rangers will be back anyway).
The league will be more competitive (places 2-12 anyway), which should stimulate interest.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Why?

Their TV deal is in place for the next few years (by the end of which Rangers will be back anyway).

The TV deal is in place, but will Rangers be back by the time the new deal is negotiated? If they're not I think it's a much harder proposition to sell, particularly internationally.

The league will be more competitive (places 2-12 anyway), which should stimulate interest.

Will it? Probably in Scotland, but I'm not so sure outside of it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the let-out for everyone remains that they are allowed to play in League 1 rather than drop right to the bottom because "health and safety" dictates that it would be dangerous to have Glasgow thugs roaming round the highlands. Not clear whose health or safety is at risk - probably the Glaswegians who might not survive a surfeit of clean fresh air. Given the stench coming out of Ibrox right now it is probably a fair point ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here