Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers - how would YOU vote

Do you vote to allow New Rangers in the SPL?

• Yes - without Rangers an already broke division is even poorer.

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • No - forget the money, there is integrity at stake.

Votes: 145 69.0%
  • Monkey tennis! Who cares.

Votes: 33 15.7%

• Total voters

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The Sky TV revenue is a mere pittance in comparison to what the Premier League and English clubs receive.

True, but it we will be even lower if 1 of the 2 main attractions is removed and I am sure that the smaller clubs in the SPL rely on that income.

Not that I want Rangers to stay in the SPL - they should start again in Glasgow League 12 or something - but I fear that money will talk. Again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Still a great improvement on the revenue a 3rd division club could generate without Rangers involved.

The new TV deal means the SPL gets £16M a season for the next 5 years. Out of that they take away the parachute payments for relegated clubs and a support payment for the SFL , what is left is split equally between the 12 clubs. Rangers in SFL3 would be a godsend to the other clubs in that league. The support payment is only £1.6M and all Scottish clubs look likely to lose the fixture list payments as well due to a legal ruling in favour of the betting industry.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
True, but it we will be even lower if 1 of the 2 main attractions is removed and I am sure that the smaller clubs in the SPL rely on that income.

Not that I want Rangers to stay in the SPL - they should start again in Glasgow League 12 or something - but I fear that money will talk. Again.

Sky have already signed a 5 year agreement starting in the 2012/2013 season worth a total of £80M , if Rangers get demoted there is a good chance they will be back in the SPL by the time the next TV rights deal is announced.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rangers have cheated the other SPL sides by paying their players wages they could not afford. This, in turn, has meant they've had the quality to cement their place in the Top 2.

They've also been slow to pay transfer fees to the other clubs they've bought players from.

Added to that, I'm sure the majority of the fans of Hibs / Hearts / Aberdeen / Dundee Utd / Motherwell will be only to happy to see Rangers out of the way. I don't buy the loss of revenue idea - I think the demotion will give Scottish football a new lease of life.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Anybody remember the interview with the Rangers fan who said if it came to a newco,so what.They could start in Div 3 OR GO INTO THE ENGLISH LEAGUE.

Oh,yes please.Let's have another tuppence in the pound club.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
Interestingly if demoted to Division 3 their opponents would be

Annan Athletic Capacity 3.000
Berwick Rangers 4,131
Clyde 8,029
East Stirling 5,027
Elgin City 3,927
Montrose 3,292
Peterhead 4,000
Queens Park 52,500
Stirling Albion 3,808
Stranraer 5,606

Apart From Queens Park tickets might be at a premium I fancy

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like the poll, I want to vote No, but I also want to vote monkey tennis. This is a tough one.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Interesting developments this morning. Apparently Rangers players do NOT have to transfer to the Rangers 'newco' if they don't want to. It would mean they are free agents.....and therefore likely to be able to command a better salary from another club, without the encumbrance of a hefty transfer fee.

Rumours also that Ally McCoist is about to quit.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Take the punishment like everyone else... the lost earnings issue is a joke..... itll be fantastic for the teams in the lower divisions... packed stadium for every home game against Rangers and imagine their share of their takings when they go to Ibrox!

Any other result is a disgrace!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Take the punishment like everyone else... the lost earnings issue is a joke..... itll be fantastic for the teams in the lower divisions... packed stadium for every home game against Rangers and imagine their share of their takings when they go to Ibrox!

Any other result is a disgrace!

Why would they get any share of the gate for league games at Ibrox?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here