Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers - how would YOU vote

Do you vote to allow New Rangers in the SPL?

• Yes - without Rangers an already broke division is even poorer.

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • No - forget the money, there is integrity at stake.

Votes: 145 69.0%
  • Monkey tennis! Who cares.

Votes: 33 15.7%

• Total voters

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If they re-form as a new company, then the other 11 SPL members get to vote on whether to allow the newco to retain the SPL status, or whether to force them to start at the bottom of the ladder in Scottish Division 3.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Any rational person will clearly vote to kick them down (or out) of the league.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Most would probably want them to go straight back into the SPL for financial reasons.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
monkey1.gif

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I honestly couldn't give two hoots. They only have themselves to blame, so they should start in the lower divisions, but then whatever will I do instead of watching the Old Firm 6 times each season?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
might even get a competitive league where people want to watch games because there is a point to them - f*** 'em off is my view. They CHEATED big time in order to beat one team but they still shafted everyone else in the process

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
Voted kick em out. Got to draw a line somewhere and show other clubs that cheating and not paying your detbs is not on.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Any rational person will clearly vote to kick them down (or out) of the league.

I would have thought most would want the best for their own clubs, and the finances that the Rangers fans bring with them - having said that, I don't think their away support is that good anyway.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I would have thought most would want the best for their own clubs, and the finances that the Rangers fans bring with them - having said that, I don't think their away support is that good anyway.

I would imagine the chairmen would also do a bit of cost benefit analysis on the probability of additional funds coming in - more European places, potentially longer cup runs (which come with cash and added ticket sales) and trophies (merch sales etc), even the possibility but with less of a national obsession about Celtic and Rangers that a few more locals might come to games. Match this against less TV money (but probably not a huge amount less for the smaller clubs) and the 1-2 times a year when you sell 6,000 x £30 tickets. Could see a case of the bigger clubs voting against hoping to get a piece of the pie, and the lesser ones voting with Rangers to hold onto the guaranteed extra revenue from away tickets.

Will be interesting.

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012

If i any of the top sides Id say throw them out as there'd be a champion leauge spot up for grabs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When they are demoted to Division 3 who will they groundshare with ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I answered this on the other thread about it but cannot understand why they should have to be re elected as they still hold their SFA registration irrespective of who own them and apart from that the only thing that will stop other clubs voting in favour of keeping them in the SPL is the chance to win something. Most of the unfavoured sides will want them kept in for the gate money they generate. 4 or 5 times a season.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I answered this on the other thread about it but cannot understand why they should have to be re elected as they still hold their SFA registration irrespective of who own them and apart from that the only thing that will stop other clubs voting in favour of keeping them in the SPL is the chance to win something. Most of the unfavoured sides will want them kept in for the gate money they generate. 4 or 5 times a season.

I think you maybe under-estimating the strength of ill-will towards Rangers from other SPL teams suppoorters. There is a growing swell of feeling that many, many supporters of other SPL teams will NOT re-new their Season Tickets, if Rangers 'newco' are voted back into the SPL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here