Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers can they play in England?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I just read that they would be allowed to play in England, under the reason that they played in the FA Cup many many moons ago and are recognised by the English FA. Is this true?

Dundee director Di Stefano has asked Duff and Phelps if he can buy the old rangers :mad: before they are wound up, as he has potential investors interested in them, but only if the can play in England.:dunce:

Aslo Gaza has asked to play for the new rangers side :ffsparr: :rave:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sadly I don't think it can happen under UEFA rules although the prospect of them turning out in the ninth tier has a definite appeal - would go down well with Alex Salmond and his secessionists :lol:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
They shouldn't be allowed to, but I'm sure they'll find a way of convincing the English FA to let them join the lower Leagues.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just read that they would be allowed to play in England, under the reason that they played in the FA Cup many many moons ago and are recognised by the English FA. Is this true?

Dundee director Di Stefano has asked Duff and Phelps if he can buy the old rangers :mad: before they are wound up, as he has potential investors interested in them, but only if the can play in England.:dunce:

They've already been wound up, so he's a bit late.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
IF they did (which I seriously doubt) and IF they joined a league at their level do you think they would be good enough to go right in at PL level?

Given the financial restructuring and the players they have lost I would question their ability to compete in the PL.

Completely hypothetical question like...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
IF they did (which I seriously doubt) and IF they joined a league at their level do you think they would be good enough to go right in at PL level?

Given the financial restructuring and the players they have lost I would question their ability to compete in the PL.

Completely hypothetical question like...

With their full recent squad they would never have been good enough for the Prem. Lower ch'ship at very best. As they have few players left, and most of the decent ones gone, I doubt they could hold their own in League 2.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
they can play in the Welsh League, bigger gates than most of the 1st division in Sweaty sock land.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rather have Celtic start at the bottom and work their way up to a decent mid table champ side.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think they should be allowed in without question. However I think they would possibly struggle in the PL and remain comfortable in the Championship.
I'd like to see it happen to be honest. Squeeze in to League 2 next season :D

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Would be a big two fingered salute to the rest of SPL even if they had to start in the fourth division or conference.

Would be a big two fingered salute to decency and common sense to reward a cheating
club with a move to better league (I mean the English league structure in general, not that
conference is better than SPL).

Oct 25, 2003
if the old firm joined the english system it wouldn't take them too long to become big time clubs......sure, their current squads are pretty average but that's mainly down to the lack of tv money they get in scotland......if they're given a cut of the money that english clubs get, and coupled with the size of both clubs they'd be big clubs even by premier league standards

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rangers and Celtic in a BPL would be amazing, with their share of the TV revenue they would absolutely be top 6 contenders. The competition at the top end would be immense. Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers...

Would be some amazing match-ups and Sky could go crazy over 'Battle of Britain' Super Sunday double headers.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think they should be allowed in without question. However I think they would possibly struggle in the PL and remain comfortable in the Championship.

Should start at the bottom as FC Wimbledon did then theres no problem,the fecking taffies are in our English leagues

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Great idea. Which team would you kick out to make room for them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here