Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random question about the animal kingdom

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can any animal experts think of an animal that applies a divide and conquer strategy to the group dynamics of it's own species.

Many thanks

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm confused? Is that not what you just did?

No - Were I to say 'Bonzo, in Illinois Zoo' would be that.

What I did was give you an example of a specific species that exhibits that sort of behaviour (amongst the array of possible primates).

Other than that, I do not have access to any peer reviewed studies that go into detail as to the behaviour / strategies behind this.

Sorry I can't help you any further with your unusual request.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Not that's great, I can research further. Cheers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My nine year old son asked me when we visited Marwell last year as to why the chimps keep eating their own poo.

I could not answer the question but maybe someone on here can.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My nine year old son asked me when we visited Marwell last year as to why the chimps keep eating their own poo.

It re-introduces bacteria to their guts which is essential for digestion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questions

................................................................................................................................

INibble =

]It re-introduces bacteria to their guts which is essential for digestion.[/QUOTE]
...........................................................................................................................

Oh I forgot to say they were also masturbating at the same time and I understand why they were doing that but not whilst they were eating surely.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I imagine the genital displays and food consumption combo was them saying to the onlookers "Look at my huge, virile knob and look at all this food I have gathered - I'm the daddy"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I imagine the genital displays and food consumption combo was them saying to the onlookers "Look at my huge, virile knob and look at all this food I have gathered - I'm the daddy"

If you think that goes in part to explaining your behaviour in Madonalds you are wrong....................................

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
In answer to the original question............ Cats.........especially in a multi cat household +feral colonies where to cats have an ALPHA male and an ALPHA female and you sometimes get a cat coming in from outside the group and taking over this can in some very rare circumstances be an un-neutered ex-domestic stray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here