Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rain at football!

After standing in the rain at woodside road last night i was wondering if rain has got wetter,the goldstone although exposed never seemed as wet as withdean!
If Withdean had become a permanent home could you have stuck it?
I suppose the goldstone east terrace seemed to come prepared straight off a north sea trawler and the rest cowered under the cover on a wet saturday afternoon.
I have memories of getting wet during away games but not really at the goldstone.
Have we become southern softies with padded seats,pies and roofs.
PS DIDN'Y ENJOY THE WEATHER LAST NIGHT(SOUTHERN, SOFT AND OF HOVE):facepalm:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
You never got as wet on a packed terrace as you do in a seat. Rain at the Goldstone was no bother but I did get very wet at Withdean a few times, enough for me to check the weather before buying a ticket!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Remember a game at Withdean where it rained most of the day only to stop at about 5 or 6. The ref said the game could go ahead. It then started raining again and when I say raining it hammered it down. I think we went 3-0 down inside 20 mins and people were leaving. Think we ended up losing 4-3 but sure someone with a better memory will correct me.

Remember a game at Withdean where it rained most of the day only to stop at about 5 or 6. The ref said the game could go ahead. It then started raining again and when I say raining it hammered it down. I think we went 3-0 down inside 20 mins and people were leaving. Think we ended up losing 4-3 but sure someone with a better memory will correct me.

rochdale?:moo:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Just checked and it was the 10th December 1999

After standing in the rain at woodside road last night i was wondering if rain has got wetter,the goldstone although exposed never seemed as wet as withdean!
If Withdean had become a permanent home could you have stuck it?
I suppose the goldstone east terrace seemed to come prepared straight off a north sea trawler and the rest cowered under the cover on a wet saturday afternoon.
I have memories of getting wet during away games but not really at the goldstone.
Have we become southern softies with padded seats,pies and roofs.
PS DIDN'Y ENJOY THE WEATHER LAST NIGHT(SOUTHERN, SOFT AND OF HOVE):facepalm:

No Rev.

We just got old.:down:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The Swindon play-off game at Withdean. That was rain.

Yeah but it mattered less in matches like that, infact having those emotions running through you I doubt I'd notice if I had a bucket of water poured on me, besides if anything rain like those situations is fun rain.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I remember a game against Man City at the Goldstone in '81 when the rain was monsoon-like. It was when the North Stand was without a roof and I was as drenched as I ever subsequently got at Withers.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I left at half time last night, needed wipers on my specs and drenched. So am a southern softie

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I remember a Millwall game at Withdean in which we got very wet!! In fact I was so sodden that my return travel voucher disintegrated in my back pocket before the end of the match!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here