Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rain at Falmer ( or is it Amex)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Last week,.. Friday I think it was, I had a glance at the webcam.... on a day when it rained quite constantly ( not unheard of in this country in winter of course).... one thing stood out,..... other than the top and middle of the west, the top half of the north, ALL the rest of the seats were soaked......... all the south, all the east from what I could see, all the bottom tier of the west and the bottom half of the north......... is there a clue there in where you should be buying your seats?

:drama::drama::annoyed::annoyed:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I of course mean the areas where seats WILL be..... in due course.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You don't need to be a Smart arrseee to UNDERSTAND that the stadium isn't FINISHED yet! Sake!

Well,... just using eyes can tell me that the rain affected areas I saw on Friday were not caused because there is some general roof sealing to do, this wasnt sporadic leakage between joints causing some run off to hit the terracing, this can and was by me seen specifically and generally as a soaking.... please don't get all holier than thou,.. its a straight forward question based on straightforward observations.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Natterjack has said that all the guttering and drainage channels are not finished / joined up in some places...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
ok.... look at 15:30 last Friday (14th)........ more than just leakage............ ,... it gives you an indication where to buy your seats.........thats all I wanted to say.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If the gutters and downpipes aren't yet connected, and two corners are yet to be filled in, then the wind that we had last Friday is going to blow rainwater all over the place

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Here's a thought. Wait until May. Wait until it rains. Then have another look at the webcam. Then post again.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Usual token keyboard warrior per thread... ignorance, total ignorance. Feel better now Martinf?

Anyway what I noticed from those gloomy days last week was how foggy/misty it was, probably rolling in off the downs, so I'm more concerned about there being a problem with this?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
ok.... look at 15:30 last Friday (14th)........ more than just leakage............ ,... it gives you an indication where to buy your seats.........thats all I wanted to say.

I agree with you; one of the reasons we went for upper west .

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
A good point I think. I was there on friday and the wind and rain were swirling round like a bastard. I mentioned that the front of the NS looked a bit damp... and then booked a ST at the back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here