Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Raiding Wolves

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why would we want any of their players? They plainly aren't good enough for the premier league which is what we are aiming at.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Why would we want any of their players? They plainly aren't good enough for the premier league which is what we are aiming at.

But several of ours aren't good enough for the Championship, so it's a decent step forward.

The thread title was implied as a question by the way, I just forgot the vital question mark.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hennessey is out for 6-9 months with ligament damage, so won't go anywhere. We should go in for Guiadiora (not sure how to spell it). He is a proper ball playing full back who can also play midfield. Hasn't featured much for Wolves because he isn't a Wolves-style player, but he would (in my opinion) fit well into our system. Has been on loan at Forest for the second half of the season, but don't let that put you off.

O'Hara is definately leaving, he had effectively left the moment his wife and kid were abused by idiot fans outside of Molineux.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
i have this horrible feeling that they will come in for buckley :nono:

gut feeling, nothing else, they seem to utilise the wings a lot and he would be great for them :(

how do you know how the new manager is going to play ?
Asfor what players would become available that would again be down to the new manager
i would like to see henry here

macky

Dec 28, 2004
assuming they sack connor that is.

so things in lifearea certain and that is one of them
pushed into the background again maybe But not in charge
when ever i have seen him he looks under to much pressure dont think he can handle it

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Driller is right - sacking Connor is a given and he has already said he will happily accept any job offered by the club. I think it would be the biggest surprise of the close season if they didn't come back in for Gus. That does not mean they will expect or receive any encouragement but as others have said they are unquestionably a much bigger club than us - Gus might be tempted if TB can't give a bit of a hurry-on to the next phase of their BHAFC project.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Connor has been at Wolves for YEARS. He'll stay there, as he is known to be a fantastic coach. He'll go back to a more training ground-related role.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If any Albion fans genuinely think we're going to be poaching the best players from the relegated PL clubs then I fear they may be horribly disappointed by our summer activity.

what about number 52 if QPR get relegated? surely he wouldn't be interested in staying with a championship club he had no affinity to over one he loves and said he would play for again one day?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
i said try.

I think Uncle Tony might tell them to go where the sun don't shine...........

Which is no more than any other club would do. Fortunately the days when we were desperate to get compensation money seem to be over.

And I hope Gus sees us as a better prospect than Wolves anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here