Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Raiding Wolves

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
As Wolves are almost certainly going down (even if they win this game, I can't see them winning the rest but would be happy to be proven wrong), which players would you like to see us acquire?

I'd quite like a couple from Fletcher, Ebanks-Blake, Stearman and maybe Hennessey.

D

Deleted member 18477

Don't be bloody stupid. Wolves will get millions for being relegated. They haven't spent huge over the years and their wage bill won't be that high.

I expect them to keep hold of most of their players with a few exceptions... Jarvis, O'Hara, Fletcher, Doyle. I'd imagine they'll be sold to prem teams (ones that go up or ones that just avoid the drop).

I also predict that Wolves will be mega challengers for auto places next season with Ebanks-Blake to reignite his career in the championship once more.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
If we're playing fantasy football then I'd be quite happy to pinch SEB. Seems to know where the onion bag is

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Being realistic what about their back up keeper Dorus De Vries? Played second fiddle to Hennessey for most of the season and has played for Swansea in previous years what is a similar style to ours.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good keeper De Vries - he's playing against Man City today.

Don't see us getting much from Wolves' woes.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Good keeper De Vries - he's playing against Man City today.

Don't see us getting much from Wolves' woes.

this...... was swansea number 1 last season on promotion from NPC, excellent at playing with his feet from back, good keeper, not sure he would prefer being number 2 at championship Wolves V's being number 1 at championship Albion, our system of play will be very familiar to him...... realistic target imo

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wont get much, if any, from them. Might let us keep Vokes if they wanted but thats probably it.

Squad looks good for the title next year and providing they keep most of it, they could go straight back up.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i have this horrible feeling that they will come in for buckley :nono:

gut feeling, nothing else, they seem to utilise the wings a lot and he would be great for them :(

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Why would we "raid" Wolves? Whilst they are now in the same division as us, they are a much larger club and always will be. Have to be one of the favourites to win the league next season

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
If any Albion fans genuinely think we're going to be poaching the best players from the relegated PL clubs then I fear they may be horribly disappointed by our summer activity.

Doyle, Fletcher and O'Hara will all go to established PL clubs for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here