Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio Sussex

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Why can't Radio Sussex keep their Sussex-only coverage continuing for the post-match analysis? With all due respect to the Cards, the Shots etc I really don't give a feck.

Keeps costs down I suppose but do other Championship teams have to share airtime with non-league clubs from 50 miles away?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with you 100%

I could not give a flying feck about Aldershot so why is coverage given to them on Radio SUSSEX? If they going to cover Aldershot, then call the station something different. Aldershot is in bloody HAMPSHIRE!

D

Deleted member 22389

It annoys me too. Crawley yes, Lewes yes, Eastbourne yes, but Aldershot has nothing to do with Sussex. I can only presume that Southampton and Pompey take up all the airtime. But even so.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Aldershot is 14 miles from the Sussex border with absloutely no connection whatever with our county. If Radio Sussex is going to cover football teams outside of the county border then we should expect coverage of: Portsmouth (8 miles), Palace (20 miles), Woking (20 miles) - or do they already cover Woking?, Southampton 20 miles?

It really is bloody irritating.

Surely there's a Radio Hampshire? Let them cover Aldershot's games.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Agreed, I used to love listening to none stop Albion after a game. Phone in, interviews etc. However there must be a lot more people interested in Aldershot or Eastbourne than the tiny club in a tinpot league that is Brighton & Hove Albion in the Championship!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Out of interest, after the match,i looked up the distance to Aldershot from Eastbourne where i live. 80 miles. Absolutely ridiculous, especially as there are more easterly Albion fans than me in say Rye which must be over a hundred miles from that part of the world. Really pees me off and i always turn it down. We didn't have this problem when we had Radio Brighton.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The BBC pre and post match has gone right downhill this season. I guess all this regional radio stuff is down to BBC cutbacks.

On the bright side, however, Bob Booker is doing the commentary with Johnny Cantor; he's amusing, knows the players names, sober, and is far more coherent than previous incumbents.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
On the bright side, however, Bob Booker is doing the commentary with Johnny Cantor; he's amusing, knows the players names, sober, and is far more coherent than previous incumbents.

Although did I hear him say today that "the football sticks to him like a maggot". I guess he meant magnet!

superwomen

Apr 19, 2011
Hove
did any of you the were listerning think it was a bit strange or uncomfortable when the commetators talked about El-abd's body -

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
did any of you the were listerning think it was a bit strange or uncomfortable when the commetators talked about El-abd's body -

Yes, yes I did. I can't remember what the comment was but it was something about his strong something-or-other chest. It wasn't "broad" or any normal adjective a man would tend to use to describe another man. A very odd moment.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The BBC pre and post match has gone right downhill this season. I guess all this regional radio stuff is down to BBC cutbacks.

'To be fair' it's easy 'to be fair' to look 'coherent 'to be fair' alongside Johnny Cantor who 'to be fair' keeps repeating 'to be fair'!!!

Jan 21, 2012
I don't know why they bother having a phone in any more coz you get one (maybe two) calls from albion fans and that's it. The rest is just talking to other managers about their games, which i personally couldn't give a shit about! Bring back the old phone in when it was one call after another from Brighton (and sometimes Lewes or Eastbourne) fans.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Yes, yes I did. I can't remember what the comment was but it was something about his strong something-or-other chest. It wasn't "broad" or any normal adjective a man would tend to use to describe another man. A very odd moment.

Didn't he describe El-Abd as a unit. You should see him with his top off etc?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't he describe El-Abd as a unit. You should see him with his top off etc?

They may have done but I missed it. The bit I (and I think the other poster) was referring to was when the commentator talked about El Abd bringing the ball down on his chest, and they described his chest in somewhat gushing terms- firm, toned, something like that.

Just made me laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here