Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio Station suggestions

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Since the demise of Danny Bakers BBC London show I'm at a loose end for afternoon radio listening. Anyone got something worth having a go at?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Scott Mills on radio 1 is good value from 1-4pm. Not too radio one ish in my view.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Associating the word Hamond with something good is unusual for me, however, just found Radio Reverb playing some wonderful music with superb Hammond Organs going at it!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
BBC 6 Music is the answer to all questions relating to good radio.

Is it though? I am forced to listen to it on a daily basis. The breakfast guy is alright, sounds like he wants to kill himself but i guess that's why people listen. Lauren Laverne does nothing but talk for 3 hours, Rad and Mac are ok and the day is saved by Steve Lamaq at 4pm but by then it's time to go home in an hour! One thing I have noticed though and keep your ears peeled is the amount of time the word Brighton gets mentioned, almost daily! Don't mean to piss on your chips it's just my thoughts!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Also if one of them doesn't play GrandmasterFlash - the message (I like the song don't get me wrong) before 5pm then they will probably get sacked.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I agree with Matt above. If you can stand the endless adverts I recommend Hawksbee & Jacobs for your afternoon radio now DB has gone.
It is also the only programme I listen to on Talksport.

Brian Riggs

Aug 7, 2009
Yep, another vote for Hawskbee & Jacobs here. The best three hours entertainment on TV or radio, in my opinion.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Used to pick up a dutch rock station when I lived in Eastbourne,no ads,very little chat,which is just aswell unless you speak Dutch, only stops for the news (2 mins)

Think it was called Arrow FM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here