Radio 5 Now 10.50 Monday Best Fans In Country

Radio 5 DAY 3 Best Fans In Country

RADIO 5 NOW BEST FANS IN COUNTRY

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Eh?

Basically Radio 5 are doing a week item on who is the best fan or the best fans in the country.

On the Left Wing has already been nominated for his work with Wrexham.

I think you meant to nominate other fans but I can't see why we can't nominate ourselves.

All good publicity

LC:clap:

CarlDouglas

May 8, 2004
Wrexham
Arise Sir Nic

Hi all,

I am the Wrexham fan who was interviewed after OTLW on Five Live this morning. I meant every word I said about how wonderful the Brighton fans have been to us. If you ask any Wrexham who their second team is they would all say the Seagulls.

Tom Hark is going down a storm in here North East Wales. The Wrexham Supporters' Trust are hoping to put out a track that has kindly been donated to us by local band The Declan Swans. I shall let you know when it is available to buy.

At his benefit gig for WST, Attila said that he supported the campaigns for real ale and real football but I think we need to add real music to that list.

Thanks again,

Carl (aka Simon, WST)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
London Calling said:
Basically Radio 5 are doing a week item on who is the best fan or the best fans in the country.

On the Left Wing has already been nominated for his work with Wrexham.

I think you meant to nominate other fans but I can't see why we can't nominate ourselves.

All good publicity

LC:clap:

Now that MUST be us!!!!!

ALLLLLBION!!!!
:flameboun :drink:

Re: Arise Sir Nic

CarlDouglas said:
Hi all,

I am the Wrexham fan who was interviewed after OTLW on Five Live this morning. I meant every word I said about how wonderful the Brighton fans have been to us. If you ask any Wrexham who their second team is they would all say the Seagulls.

Tom Hark is going down a storm in here North East Wales. The Wrexham Supporters' Trust are hoping to put out a track that has kindly been donated to us by local band The Declan Swans. I shall let you know when it is available to buy.

At his benefit gig for WST, Attila said that he supported the campaigns for real ale and real football but I think we need to add real music to that list.

Thanks again,

Carl (aka Simon, WST)

YOU BOTH CAME OVER WELL:clap2:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Thanks but Not overly pleased with how it came across - didn't help when Victoria Derbyshire made the factual inaccuarcies at the start. It was then gerrymandered by the producer to focus on me, when it should have been on Brighton and Wrexham fans.

Didn't get a chance to mention the Fans 4 Falmer Banner nor Tom Hark ... nor our public inquiry.

Many and genuine thanks to Simon for his comments - he sounded far more at ease than I felt and got the message over well

Good to get national publicity, but only 4 out of 10 for me for getting the message across

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The piece came over really well, I thought, Nic. The result? Uncommitted people would surely have heard two decent, self-effacing footie fans convincingly supporting their clubs' respective campaigns - while reinforcing the value of fans' united action. A good plug, both for the two clubs, and football's nicer side. Well done!

As for worrying whether Falmer was plugged enough, we have our very own TOTP top totty Attila and his band of ska slappers to keep that issue in everyone's faces for the next month!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
A nomination for Attila read out a few moments ago. Another good mention for Tom Hark.

Great stuff.

might not be the best e-mail but i am working:lolol:

DEAR VICTORIA,

It must be the Brighton Fans.

While other Fans have come and gone. Brighton Fans have fought over the last 6 years or so,:

to prevent their Goldstone stadium being sold to be replaced by a superstore site,
had to travel to a temporary home in Gillingham for two years,
endure watching football in an inadaquate sports arena that is truly open to the elements (voted by Leyton Orient Fans as the worst ground in the Country)
campaigned for a new Stadium at Falmer, only to be halted by Government bureaucreacy and unelected small pressure groups,

Despite this in the last year they have done the:

Tom Harks single,
Valentine cards and presents for Prescott,

Publicly Supported:

AFC Wimbledon campaign,
Wrexham,
Lead Fans United,
Doncaster.
Bury City and York City

And last Saturday were summarised by MY Spurs Manager Jol as the best away fans he has seen.

DAVID

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Did he win then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here