Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P. Nate Dogg

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
281x211.jpg

US singer NATE DOGG has died aged 41 after a series of health scares.

The West Coast star passed away in Long Beach, California, in the early hours of yesterday morning, according to his family.

The cause of death remains unknown, though he did suffer a stroke in December 2007 that rendered the left side of his body paralysed.

In September 2008 he was struck down by another stroke as he battled to recover from the previous one.

Nate - real name Nathanial Dwayne Hale - shot to fame as part of the so-called G Funk era alongside such hip hop stars as WARREN G, SNOOP DOGG and DR DRE.

His biggest hits were 1994 anthem Regulate, with Warren G; 2000's The Next Episode, with Dre, Snoop and KURUPT; and 2003 tune 21 Questions, with 50 CENT.

In April 2002 he was arrested and charged with firearms and drugs offences in Arizona, pleading guilty at trial and sentenced to probation and community service.

He released three albums during his career - 1998's G-Funk Classics, Vol. 1 & 2, 2001's Music And Me, and an eponymously titled 2004 collection.

However, he'll be best remembered for his collaborations, having contributed to over 40 charted singles.

His distinctively deep voice also played a big role on Dre's top-selling 1991 album The Chronic.

:(

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
[yt]BkI2RPJhku0[/yt]

:(

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
I grew up listening to Nate Dogg
He was never known for his commercial success, but he featured on some anthems
The Next Episode=Hip Hop classic
R.I.P