Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from the Insider Re: Adams and ''his team''

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
''During his first spell in charge, it took Micky the best part of 18 months to build HIS team''. I wonder if this is the official line or the opinion of the Insider.

Does this means we can't judge Adams on his performance until this time next year? Even if we get relegated?

Now I don't know about you but I think 'managers' should usually be able to manage with what they have got, especially at this level. Unless he is given a decent amount of cash (which he seems to be backed with) we aren't going to be able to sign any half decent players ESPECIALLY if we slide into League Two this year anyway. It worries me that the board is now going to back Adams all the way until he's REALLY f***ed up (ie relegation and not looking like getting back up again) by which time it is going to be even harder to climb back up the leagues.

I'm scared (though not too much and my enthusiasm for all things Albion has been dulled since Wilins was sacked).

What the f*** is this smiley all about?

:eek:

The previous one was better wonnit?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oh, I see, the old living in the past bollocks, ok everyone, sit back an accept the crap for another 12 months if that's the official party line!

:)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Now I don't know about you but I think 'managers' should usually be able to manage with what they have got, especially at this level.

I couldn't agree more. Oh, and I'd just like to add to that '& get the best out of the players at his disposal'. :annoyed:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
HIS team :rant:

He has signed 14 players this season. Its not the players fault he leaves them on the bench or plays them wildly out of position. he has used 20 different players in midfield too.

He has had more than enough time to make his own team, yet he cannot do it!!

Adams must have been devestaed he had to use EIGHT youth team products against luton, I think White referred to them as a "patched up" team.

It took him 18months last time out.....WE WERE IN DIVISION 4

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It would be nice to think such wooly thinking was not prevalent within the club, but let's be honest if it wasn't Adams wouldn't even be here.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
A key difference for me between now and Adams' first spell is that the clubs he was able to recruit from were mostly London/SE based (Brentford/Fulham/Gillingham) allowing players to sign for us without too much personal disruption. Now the players he has worked with before are from Coventry/Stoke etc...

I think our relative geographical isolation is a big stumbling block when trying to get players to sign which is why it's so vital that the youth team are allowed to flourish. It would be nice if Adams realised this before it's too late.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
To be honest, I wasn't expecting him to, nor did I want him to.

The request was for Dick Knight to make a statement. While press releases obviously go through the Press Office, I want to hear this one straight from the Chairman.

At least he did what was asked - to pass on the request to Dick.

What exactly are you hoping to hear from the Chairman?

1. Why did we sack Dean Wilkins? Well you already know the answer so I don't know why you think the chairman can add anything to it.
2. We are in a shit position and the team is playing like they've never met before? Yes, we know, and we're trying to add more strangers to the squad to boost it.
3. We aren't you going to sack Micky Adams? Because I made the appointment and I'm going to stick with it?

Anything else?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
he has used 20 different players in midfield too.

That can't be true? It said earlier on Sky Sports that Burnley have used 22 players all season in total, Tottenham 26 and Man United 28.

Not the same thing. They'll have used 22,26,28 different players full stop. They're not counting them twice just because they've played two matches in different positions.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hopefully he'll stumble across another Zamora again

Whilst I am not in the pro Adams camp, I think it's unfair to insinuate that Micky "stumbled" across Bobby Zamora. Back in the day, Micky had a great eye for players and Bobby was his biggest gamble (£100k for a Bristol Rovers reserve) and also his biggest success. He deserves great credit for that.

It's just a shame that the likes of Hawkins and McLeod are a million miles away from the success of Zamora, Kuipers, Carpenter, Oatway, Cullip, Jones, Watson etc

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Whilst I am not in the pro Adams camp, I think it's unfair to insinuate that Micky "stumbled" across Bobby Zamora. Back in the day, Micky had a great eye for players and Bobby was his biggest gamble (£100k for a Bristol Rovers reserve) and also his biggest success. He deserves great credit for that.

It's just a shame that the likes of Hawkins and McLeod are a million miles away from the success of Zamora, Kuipers, Carpenter, Oatway, Cullip, Jones, Watson etc

Zamora and Kuipers aside all the rest played under Adams previously. How does that show he's got a good eye for finding players? He assembled his side from Fulham which was good enough to get out of the bottom division added Zamora making it good enough to get out of the bottom two divisions. Take him out of his comfort zone and he's f***ed, as he's proven at Leicester, Cov and now us.

Oh and also, isn't it rumored that DK or one of DK's sources discovered Zamora?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here