Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions from the Boothen Roar

buxton

Feb 14, 2011
Hi

I'm the editor of The Boothen Roar(Stoke City FC News - The Boothen Roar) and was wondering if someone would write two or three lines for each of the following questions.

Brighton are doing fantastically well in League One whilst the Potters are in the top half of the Premier League but the magic of the cup could have a part to play, how do you think the game will go?

What style of performance will Brighton aim for?

Would you prefer promotion as champions or reaching the Semi-finals of the FA Cup and a day out at Wembley?

If you could pick one Stoke player for your team?

If you could give one of your players to Stoke?

Prediction

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It will be decided on the day. 2-1 to Stoke I reckon. Both managers wont want a replay for different reasons.

As always tippy tappy, flicky flicky ball on the ground, pass and move.

Champions. As far as Im converced I would be happy to bow out of the cup now and concentrate on the league.

Rory Delap for the long throws. Even Poyet said he could use it. But not all the time.

You can have two, Battipiedi and Baz - two Argentinians who have yet to prove themselves. Gets you back for Arismendi last season who was just as ineffective.

2-1 Stoke

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi

I'm the editor of The Boothen Roar(Stoke City FC News - The Boothen Roar) and was wondering if someone would write two or three lines for each of the following questions.

Brighton are doing fantastically well in League One whilst the Potters are in the top half of the Premier League but the magic of the cup could have a part to play, how do you think the game will go?

* I think it will be a good game, and that the first goal will decide the winners.

* We only play one way. Watch and enjoy.

Would you prefer promotion as champions or reaching the Semi-finals of the FA Cup and a day out at Wembley?

* Champions, obviously. But we're going to be greedy and have both.

* Etherington, I guess.

* Gary Hart

Prediction

* 2-1 Albion

:thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
hi

i'm the editor of the boothen roar(stoke city fc news - the boothen roar) and was wondering if someone would write two or three lines for each of the following questions.

Brighton are doing fantastically well in league one whilst the potters are in the top half of the premier league but the magic of the cup could have a part to play, how do you think the game will go? Tough one to call.... We play a passing game unlike any other lower league teams which may surprise stoke but we also have a defence who are used to dealİng with big forwards so it mightbe a potential banana skin for stoke. However, its unlİkely gus will start his favoured 11 as promotion means so much more... Hes yet to do so in the fa cup.

What style of performance will brighton aim for? Tika-taka possession passing forcing you to come and get it.... It will be interesting to see how your fans respond cos league one fans get really pissed with us passing it around the back.

Would you prefer promotion as champions or reaching the semi-finals of the fa cup and a day out at wembley? No brainer.. Championship next season and will not shed a tear saturday if you win and we go up.

If you could pick one stoke player for your team? It wouldve been tuncay but seeing as you have foolishly offloaded him ill take begovic

if you could give one of your players to stoke? Micheal poke - england goalkeeper in the making... I kid you not

prediction 0-0 which believe me, is the worst possible result for us.

There you go mate

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Pass & move, Flicky flicky, Retention of the ball.

Champions, The FA Cup is a nice day out but the league is our priority.

It would've been Tuncay but since you've sold him Jones would score for fun in League One.

Agustin Battipiedi. Don't let the flair name fool you, Terrible player.

Prediction

2-0 Stoke

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What style of performance will Brighton aim for? Same as always. No pressure on us because players won't be afraid of losing (because promotion is the priority), so should be the usual flicky-flicky passing game. Gus has played five or six reserve players in every round so far, and don't see him changing that for Stoke. Not disrespect - it's an indication of how seriously he is taking the League.

Would you prefer promotion as champions or reaching the Semi-finals of the FA Cup and a day out at Wembley? Are the semi-finals at Wembley this year? Not that it matters. Promotion is the only answer. Wouldn't swap promotion for the FA Cup itself even at the moment. Marcos Painter (left back signed from Swansea) was asked about the Watford game a few days before the match. "Are you looking forward to the game?". He replied "We're thinking about Leyton Orient (played the Tuesday after the cup game), not Watford". Sums up the focus.

If you could pick one Stoke player for your team? John Carew. Would be very handy up front for the run in.

If you could give one of your players to Stoke? If you mean give as in get rid of, I'd say Gary Hart. Club legend but here a season too long. If you meant as a gift, a la Valentine's Day, then stick with flowers. You can't have any. Delia/Norwich came with a million roses in their hand for Elliott Bennett (a midlands lad) and we spurned their advances.

Prediction 2-1 Albion

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hi

Brighton are doing fantastically well in League One whilst the Potters are in the top half of the Premier League but the magic of the cup could have a part to play, how do you think the game will go? We'll look neat and tidy from the outset. In the first 15 mins, you will shit it every time we move forward, but the threat will subside as the game progresses. The keys for us will be how well we cope with your threat going forward, and whether we can retain possession effectively.

What style of performance will Brighton aim for? We'll try and pass the ball about. However, I don't see us winning the ball as easily as normal in order to be able to do that.

Would you prefer promotion as champions or reaching the Semi-finals of the FA Cup and a day out at Wembley? Champions please

If you could pick one Stoke player for your team? We have no competition at fullback, and that Ryan Shawcross looks useful...

If you could give one of your players to Stoke? Gary Hart. Lovely bloke, a real Albion stalwart but is the only player in the squad who is genuinely past it. Consequently, he never plays.

Prediction It depends how many first teamers you rest. You ought to win it playing a full squad, but we are *very* consistent and will exploit any weaknesses you leave. We have dispatched two mid table Championship teams with ease but this will be tough. Nevertheless I will optimistically predict 2-1 to the Albion.
:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How do you think the game will go?

I haven't seen enough of Stoke to judge how they play. I know they like their set pieces. We have been playing with three strikers in the FA Cup as of late, but that has been against non-premier league opposition.

Will we be able to do what Aston Villa, Fulham, West Ham, Blackburn, Birmingham, Liverpool, Man City, Everton, Bolton and Sunderland have not done and come away with a win from the Brittannia? Statistics and common sense would suggest otherwise, but this is the FA Cup and we have nothing to lose.

The last time we won in Stoke was the same year that the Beatles first performed in the Cavern Club; construction of the Berlin Wall began; Yuri Gagarin became the first man in space; and Elvis Presley had four number one singles through out the year.

We play a patient style of football. In the very first interview Gus gave as manager, he stated that we will not concede if we have the ball, a death knell for the Albion career of Colin Hawkins. So don't be surprised if we go backwards, before going forwards.

Tricky one. Do they have to be mutually exclusive? Head says promotion - we need to hold onto our better players and we are in the box seat at the moment for promotion - who knows what might happen next season in League One. Plus, I am sure Tony Bloom could do with a greater source of income on offer in the Championship. Heart says I want to go all the way in the cup. The semi-finals should not be at Wembley, so that would not be a reason for wanting us to get into the last four.

Mamady Sidibe. Whilst there are other nationalities, from your squad, that we have never had play for us, I fancy a Malian.

Gary Hart, sadly. Our style of football has moved on and his game is more suited to a kick and rush style.

Prediction

Stoke City 2 vs 2 Brighton & Hove Albion

:flounce:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Brighton are doing fantastically well in League One whilst the Potters are in the top half of the Premier League but the magic of the cup could have a part to play, how do you think the game will go? Well, you'd expect that Stoke's Premier League class should pay dividends, and we don't have a particularly good track record at the Britannia. Having said that, Brighton have absolutely nothing to lose and are used to playing physical sides most weeks, so it could be a potential banana skin for Stoke.

What style of performance will Brighton aim for? I don't see Gus changing his philosophy of possession football for this one. The Albion will pass it about at the back a lot whilst looking for an opening, and then attack... rapidly.

Would you prefer promotion as champions or reaching the Semi-finals of the FA Cup and a day out at Wembley? Champions every day of the week. To be fair the cup run hasn't really had an adverse affect on our form as yet, but there is that nagging doubt that it could!

If you could pick one Stoke player for your team? Kenwyn Jones please, he'd be a good backup for Glenn Murray and Ashley Barnes.

If you could give one of your players to Stoke? Damien Hilton... though that would involve the use of a time machine

Prediction Stoke 2 Brighton 1

Ahem!

Last edited:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
In response to Sully and Notters I'd remind you of Steve Fletcher at Withdean. That was against Elphick and El-Abd.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
In response to Sully and Notters I'd remind you of Steve Fletcher at Withdean. That was against Elphick and El-Abd.

Yes, it will depend who plays at the back.... but saying that theoretically Jones and Fuller are light years ahead of any large forwards we play in League 1... however I suspect whoever plays at the back would prefer them to Gyan and Wellbeck, for example.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Steve Fletcher changed the game when he came on. Old fashioned lump. Add a bit of skill to that and we could be in trouble. Also note Hartlepool's first away goal for ages - set piece where we totally failed to handle it. Stoke scouts (if they bothered) will be rubbing their hands about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here