Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Question Time In Brighton: 14th November 2019

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All the remoaners asking the ‘What are the benefits?’ question, are just trying to re-run the debate we had years ago. It’s pretty sad.

Leavers are tired of it, we are trying to move on and look to a brighter future, whereas they are stuck in the past. We don’t have to answer or justify ourselves to them.

If they don’t know what the benefits will be, then I guess they haven’t watched any political debates or listened to people such as Nigel Farage etc. over the last 4 years or so, and the way they talk about the EU shows they probably haven’t.

Or maybe they have, and because of emotion (there’s that word they like to use) they’ve decided to let the information go in one ear and out the other.

Say there weren’t any benefits to come from it, but no negative effects either. Why wouldn’t you rather be an independent country? Unless you’re a mad globalist.

Why are they so negative? It’s so strange. Perhaps they believe the lies of the BBC (who receive a pretty penny from the EU btw), if they do, then I pity them.

Lying Lord Farage used to wax lyrical about Norway's relationship with the EU.

The snake changed his tune pretty quickly after the vote.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It's not about winning people over it's all about accepting and moving on
Regards
DF

the easiest way to move people on is to convince them they are moving to a good place. I am not a massive fan of the EU but see it as the better of two situations happy to be convinced otherwise.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
the easiest way to move people on is to convince them they are moving to a good place. I am not a massive fan of the EU but see it as the better of two situations happy to be convinced otherwise.

If Labour won the election, the only way to win over those who voted Tory would be to govern the country well. And if Labour won the election, then it'd be their right to have a go at governance. That's democracy.

But they wouldn't be able to do that if a bunch of sore losers said that the election didn't count and prevented them from doing anything for the next three and a half years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don’t have a list of tangible benefits, I woke up on the day of the referendum having had a belly full of liberal know it all’s like you telling me why they are right and I’m wrong so I voted **** you [emoji867].

Since that day all I’ve heard is whining nasty liberals like you continue be oh so ****ing right about everything ,I continue to want to vote **** you.

Anyone who has been pleasant I’ve more than happily listen’d and indeed understood their views and past on compliments to that effect.

I don’t know what it is that you are good at down their in Hampshire but what I do know is I wouldn’t want you anywhere near any sort of negotiation that required a degree of understanding an empathy towards discussions, at times your a horrible piece of work and don’t bother coming back with an Apprentice style CV of all your achievements, I don’t buy it!

What happened to the decent Moderators on here like Hitony, El Pres Frutos etc, maybe should should look at how they conduct themselves.

Brilliant. You voted for something you didn't understand on the basis that the people who did understand it weren't stroking your cock.

We can only wait and see which Chicken Run emerges after Brexit finally happens (my guess, an awful hard Brexit leading to economic hardship in about the middle of 2021). The one that turns left on a long haul flight to paradise or the one that sits at the back of Ryan Air.

Don't let that stop you aiming for WUM of the year and trolling people from your past though. And do give our regards to Timmy.

Jan 30, 2008
Brilliant. You voted for something you didn't understand on the basis that the people who did understand it weren't stroking your cock.

We can only wait and see which Chicken Run emerges after Brexit finally happens (my guess, an awful hard Brexit leading to economic hardship in about the middle of 2021). The one that turns left on a long haul flight to paradise or the one that sits at the back of Ryan Air.

Don't let that stop you aiming for WUM of the year and trolling people from your past though. And do give our regards to Timmy.

Says someone who still doesn't understand the referendum result :dunce:
Regards
DF

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If Labour won the election, the only way to win over those who voted Tory would be to govern the country well. And if Labour won the election, then it'd be their right to have a go at governance. That's democracy.

But they wouldn't be able to do that if a bunch of sore losers said that the election didn't count and prevented them from doing anything for the next three and a half years.

Voting for a 5 years of government is not in the same scale as us leaving the EU and the last 3 years is enough evidence of that and we haven't actually got to the real negotiations yet. In a change of Government in Britain it is generally seamless even when you have extremes of views because a) most of the work is done by civil servants who remain constant b) it would take a long time for very negative affects of policies to creep in and so could be changed by a new government c) most MPs are not extremists.

Brexit is a one off which we need to be very sure about because if the consequences are bad for the economy we will have no quick solution.

I have said it a number of times Democracy is not first past the post and that's the problem here there is no compromise. My argument is simple if you cannot say what the benefits are don't do it especially if the potential damage will threaten people's livelihoods and possibly lives.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Pathetic ****

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Btw Huff and Puff, do you two send each other little off board messages to ready each other for the tag teaming, pathetic little no marks that you both are!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The debate has got a bit side tracked.

I don't think I have been calling leave voters stupid , I do find it difficult to understand why people still believe that leaving is a good thing. I still have seen nothing that outlines the benefits in a way that makes me feel we are going the correct direction. It surely can't be that difficult?

If only there was a thread dedicated to the subject matter where people have already, numerous times, explained what they thought the benefits of leaving were and why they voted leave. Then anyone with this type of query could go and read it.

And we wouldn't end up with a Brexit 2 thread.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley it's about time we had another merge.

Give some space over to non-circular name calling and hair pulling threads.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The reluctance to accept the result of a democratic referendum and STILL patronise with 'I know better than you' is pretty poor.

I'm sure they are over qualified to do so.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
On the flip side of the coin people didn't see any benefit in remaining in the EU despite your frustration with that fact
Regards
DF

Ironic though that it’s the same two oxygen thieves that come on these threads and create some of the more snide responses, I’d call them the chuckle brothers but I actually think they are both Weasleys

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On the flip side of the coin people didn't see any benefit in remaining in the EU despite your frustration with that fact
Regards
DF

You are correct on this, yes. Definitely true, that the benefits of EU membership were not pushed hard enough.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ironic though that it’s the same two oxygen thieves that come on these threads and create some of the more snide responses, I’d call them the chuckle brothers but I actually think they are both Weasleys
I thought me and SimmoSays had that title

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here