Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Question Time In Brighton: 14th November 2019

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Here’s a question for you, why are you a grade A shit stirrer?

Well that's not very nice. At least you're crediting me with being good at it. That's something, I suppose.

This is all good deflection though isn't it, from actually answering the question asked of you, by the chap you were having your 'perfectly civil discussion' with?

Come on on now - enough of the swerving - what are the tangible benefits of Brexit?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The debate has got a bit side tracked.

I don't think I have been calling leave voters stupid , I do find it difficult to understand why people still believe that leaving is a good thing. I still have seen nothing that outlines the benefits in a way that makes me feel we are going the correct direction. It surely can't be that difficult?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The debate has got a bit side tracked.

I don't think I have been calling leave voters stupid , I do find it difficult to understand why people still believe that leaving is a good thing. I still have seen nothing that outlines the benefits in a way that makes me feel we are going the correct direction. It surely can't be that difficult?

To be fair, [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] does have a list of benefits. He's just hasn't bothered sharing them, as he knows you'll just 'rebuke' them, anyway.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Why is it laughable to compare like to like?

Like for like? It clearly isn’t,

I’m talking about 1 party from 1 country, whereas you’re talking about different parties from different countries who have the same agenda.

I could just admit that I know nothing about the EU.

But then I’d be a Remainer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have only just watched last weeks QT and must say that the young lad may have been a Tory plant but he came across very well, better in fact that some of the panel.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
All the remoaners asking the ‘What are the benefits?’ question, are just trying to re-run the debate we had years ago. It’s pretty sad.

Leavers are tired of it, we are trying to move on and look to a brighter future, whereas they are stuck in the past. We don’t have to answer or justify ourselves to them.

If they don’t know what the benefits will be, then I guess they haven’t watched any political debates or listened to people such as Nigel Farage etc. over the last 4 years or so, and the way they talk about the EU shows they probably haven’t.

Or maybe they have, and because of emotion (there’s that word they like to use) they’ve decided to let the information go in one ear and out the other.

Say there weren’t any benefits to come from it, but no negative effects either. Why wouldn’t you rather be an independent country? Unless you’re a mad globalist.

Why are they so negative? It’s so strange. Perhaps they believe the lies of the BBC (who receive a pretty penny from the EU btw), if they do, then I pity them.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
All the remoaners asking the ‘What are the benefits?’ question, are just trying to re-run the debate we had years ago. It’s pretty sad.

Leavers are tired of it, we are trying to move on and look to a brighter future, whereas they are stuck in the past. We don’t have to answer or justify ourselves to them.

If they don’t know what the benefits will be, then I guess they haven’t watched any political debates or listened to people such as Nigel Farage etc. over the last 4 years or so, and the way they talk about the EU shows they probably haven’t.

Or maybe they have, and because of emotion (there’s that word they like to use) they’ve decided to let the information go in one ear and out the other.

Say there weren’t any benefits to come from it, but no negative effects either. Why wouldn’t you rather be an independent country? Unless you’re a mad globalist.

Why are they so negative? It’s so strange. Perhaps they believe the lies of the BBC (who receive a pretty penny from the EU btw), if they do, then I pity them.

Total EU funding to the BBC would not be enough to pay Gary Lineker’s salary.

Jan 30, 2008

They're negative in the belief of their superiority over anyone one who voted leave , they're arrogance goes before them in their belief that they can overturn a democratic result ,to sum it up they're bad losers
Regards
DF

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Say there weren’t any benefits to come from it, but no negative effects either. Why wouldn’t you rather be an independent country?.

No problem with that at all. Show us a form of leaving with no negative effects, and I’m sure we can all get on board.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have only just watched last weeks QT and must say that the young lad may have been a Tory plant but he came across very well, better in fact that some of the panel.

He added no value - if he had said you the public will be better off because of such and such he might help win remainers over but yet again nothing

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
They're negative in the belief of their superiority over anyone one who voted leave , they're arrogance goes before them in their belief that they can overturn a democratic result ,to sum it up they're bad losers
Regards
DF

I don't believe I am superior to leavers I just want to understand what i am missing as they see benefits that i don't.

the only piece of arrogance(ignorance) on here is your use of the word Democracy, it is about compromise and consensus NOT a first past the post vote which leaves the 'losers' as just that.

So i will ask again , if 51% of electorate voted to kill the other 49% then you feel that would be ok ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well that's not very nice. At least you're crediting me with being good at it. That's something, I suppose.

This is all good deflection though isn't it, from actually answering the question asked of you, by the chap you were having your 'perfectly civil discussion' with?

Come on on now - enough of the swerving - what are the tangible benefits of Brexit?

I don’t have a list of tangible benefits, I woke up on the day of the referendum having had a belly full of liberal know it all’s like you telling me why they are right and I’m wrong so I voted **** you [emoji867].

Since that day all I’ve heard is whining nasty liberals like you continue be oh so ****ing right about everything ,I continue to want to vote **** you.

Anyone who has been pleasant I’ve more than happily listen’d and indeed understood their views and past on compliments to that effect.

I don’t know what it is that you are good at down their in Hampshire but what I do know is I wouldn’t want you anywhere near any sort of negotiation that required a degree of understanding an empathy towards discussions, at times your a horrible piece of work and don’t bother coming back with an Apprentice style CV of all your achievements, I don’t buy it!

What happened to the decent Moderators on here like Hitony, El Pres Frutos etc, maybe should should look at how they conduct themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here