Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Question Time In Brighton: 14th November 2019

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Indeed. There are an awful lot of Students living in Moulsecoomb & Bevendean, if not at their parents home addresses, they are voting in Brighton Kemptown.

It may play into the Tories hands with the Greens fielding a candidate this time.

D

Deleted member 2719

Brighton, 'let's be aving you.

That was one of the least eventful question times I have ever seen.

I expected some fireworks.

As for Boardman thinking everyone should get on a bike, as it will make everything rosey again.........Stick to cycling Chris.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You need to think a little more outside of your little England box.

Although not a voter and so my opinion is not relevant, I cannot help noticing the unfair comparison you are making.
Counting all Green MEPs in the EU is hardly fair if you are comparing with Brexit MEPs which would only come from the UK.
It should be like for like :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The moment the labour guy started to talk about funding the huge spending and nationalisation by taxing Facebook/ Instagram/ twitter etc...I switched off and went to bed. He didn’t get the principle of multi national companies!

Bit like when the current shadow Home Secretary didn’t understand the difference between Taxing sales revenue and profits.

I cannot stand the Tory guy..a more smarmy self satisfied smug geezer one could meet

The welsh lady was quite interesting and why they have people like boardman on I have no idea.

The UKIP lady was a very angry woman.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I was expecting some local people on the panel. Disappointing that people like Kyle and Lucas weren’t there, but hey BBC thinking was to put on a bunch of extremist knobs on who might generate some controversy.
At least the angry woman got her point across and finally got an admission out of not so Cleverly.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I noticed that Caroline Lucas is not on the panel nor should she be. She is an MP for the least supported party with next to no voters and has never got anything sensible or progressive to say herself.

I didn't see her in Brighton for Remembrance Day on Sunday...............

I could have overlooked her but I'm pretty sure she was a no-show.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That tory wetwipe kid in the audience needed a good SHOEING. What a vile little prig.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
That tory wetwipe kid in the audience needed a good SHOEING. What a vile little prig.

This kind of language isn't helpful easy, as far as I remember all he did was call for the EU referendum vote to be respected and enacted and that Boris was the man to do it. Yes he was a bit pompous, but a 'shoeing' ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A child needed a SHOEING?!

Saved for future use.

This kind of language isn't helpful easy, as far as I remember all he did was call for the EU referendum vote to be respected and enacted and that Boris was the man to do it. Yes he was a bit pompous, but a 'shoeing' ?

My sincerest apologies for committing a shocking online hate crime against somebody on the telly last night.

:flounce:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The RBL ask politicians not to make politics part of Remembrance and at the moment, she is not officially an MP.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I noticed that Caroline Lucas is not on the panel nor should she be. She is an MP for the least supported party with next to no voters and has never got anything sensible or progressive to say herself.

525,665 is next to no voters? Did I miss your rant about UKIP being represented with their next to no voters count of 594,068? Or the deal with the DUP with their 292,316 voters leaving them with the balance of power for a year?

You should stick to left backs.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Loved matey saying they'd have the NHS sorted, simply get the taxes from Google, Amazon et al.

Good luck with that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Two minutes research would show you that she was on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday morning.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My sincerest apologies for committing a shocking online hate crime against somebody on the telly last night.

:flounce:

Not a hate crime, but an indicator of your disposition. A child holds an opinion that is not in agreement with your own, you could discuss it together, you could ignore it entirely, you could discuss it with others etc etc.. You choose to give the kid a good SHOEING?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here