Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question of Sport

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
I watched one on the BBC at 10.30, so dont know if that was a repeat of a previous one

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It wasn't a Jimmy Savile/Oscar Pistorius special was it? :ffsparr:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe they've finally realised how dated and crap it is

I watched it for the first time in ages last night, and completely agree. It just seems to be a parody of its former self now.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's so false. Enjoyable but false. And whats with comedians on the bench? It should be sportsmen/women. A League of their Own on Sky is more up to date.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just about old enough to remember Bill Beaumont and Emlyn Hughes as team captains in the 1980's. My favourite programme as a kid. Once they got replaced it's never been the same.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Allegedly a member of the public walked into the wrong room at the BBC and ended up having to watch the whole thing, then tragically slit their wrists just as Tuffers was getting into his stride with some classic cheeky chappy banter. Rumour has it Sue Barker thought the ambulance arriving was a joke and continued pressing the canned laughter button every five seconds.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's so false. Enjoyable but false. And whats with comedians on the bench? It should be sportsmen/women. A League of their Own on Sky is more up to date.

Is that the "A league of their own" hosted by a comedian featuring two teams which includes one current and one former sportman/women so 2 current out of the 7, yes much more sporty and up to date

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I watched it for the first time in ages last night, and completely agree. It just seems to be a parody of its former self now.

The problem for me is twofold.

1) The Captain's are pretty darned dull;
2) Sports-people just aren't interesting anymore. The nature of sport means people are so much more professional that they just don't have anything interesting to say.

A low point for me and a real insight into what footballers find funny was Rio "You've been merked" Ferdinand's World Cup Wind-Ups. That was the moment I realised that footballers in particular are 100% to be seen on the pitch and not heard off it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The problem for me is twofold.

1) The Captain's are pretty darned dull;
2) Sports-people just aren't interesting anymore. The nature of sport means people are so much more professional that they just don't have anything interesting to say.

A low point for me and a real insight into what footballers find funny was Rio "You've been merked" Ferdinand's World Cup Wind-Ups. That was the moment I realised that footballers in particular are 100% to be seen on the pitch and not heard off it.

Excellently put. Agree completely, especially with the Rio "you've been merked" debacle. What a shower of shit.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Excellently put. Agree completely, especially with the Rio "you've been merked" debacle. What a shower of shit.

Cheers. I'd say the lowlight of the whole farce was the Beckham "kidnap" where Becks actually thought he was going to be kidnapped or killed. Classy stuff Rio, classy stuff.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Remember years ago when top footballers would appear on it? Now, quite understandably, they won't be seen dead anywhere near it. The last time I saw it, they had Matt Le Tissier on, that's Matt Le Tissier who retired years ago. I think I saw Dennis Taylor recently too...all they seem able to book these days are minority sport participants like England netballers or Team GB archers, or relics from the 1980s.

Sue Barker does my head in, and while Tufnell can be a funny guy, that show is a poor vehicle for his efforts. The whole show should have been binned years ago.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Couldn't agree with me more there.

vic123

Feb 13, 2013
I literally hate this program. I saw Ronnie O'Sullivan on it once and he looked so uncomfortable, like he didn't want to be there.

A load of smug ***** chatting shit. (Not including O'Sullivan in that decription by the way. I know that he isn't to everyone's liking but for me he's entertainment personified!)

vic123

Feb 13, 2013
I literally hate this program. I saw Ronnie O'Sullivan on it once and he looked so uncomfortable, like he didn't want to be there.

A load of smug ***** chatting shit. (Not including O'Sullivan in that decription by the way. I know that he isn't to everyone's liking but for me he's entertainment personified!)

HA! Guess some words are still tabboo, even for the Internet.

Points for guessing what the offending word was!

Here's a clue..."last nights episode of A Question Of Sport really STUNC up the airwaves, with the smug presenters spending the entire program chatting shit."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here